Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-09, 09:35 PM
Dr. Dash

Mother Shot To Death Defending Son

Mother Shot To Death Defending Son
POSTED: Sunday, July 19, 2009
UPDATED: 7:37 pm CDT July 19, 2009

SAN ANTONIO -- A mother of three was shot to death as she tried to defend her son during an argument with rival gang members early Sunday morning, police said.

They said Patricia Cortez's 14-year-old son was called outside by a girlfriend at around 4:30 a.m. When he went out front, he was confronted by four boys, Officer Joe Rios said. Cortez heard the commotion and ran to her son's aid. That's when police said she was shot in the stomach. She died in the arms of her husband, David De La Cruz. "I tried to pick her up and I felt the hole, and I said, 'Honey, you're hit.' She was just looking down at the street," said De La Cruz. Rios said they are looking for five culprits, including the girl who made the call asking Cortez's son to come outside. Police have a license plate from the culprits' vehicle and believe they are all members of a gang. Cortez's son may have been a member of a rival gang and the fight was a feud between the two, police said.

Copyright 2009 by KSAT.com All rights reserved.

Mother Shot To Death Defending Son - San Antonio News Story - KSAT San Antonio

stupid stupid stupid.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-19-09, 10:07 PM
SpursReport Team Member

This just sickens me. I hope this opens up some of these kids eyes.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-19-09, 10:12 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Does anyone know if there are any type of 'scared straight' programs here in town? I have a nephew that finds it intriguing to push the button and get into fights.