News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-09, 08:39 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Anybody know why "Sensational" Sherrie Died???

I was just watching a youtube tribute to all of the great dead wrestlers and to my COMPLETE SHOCK AND DISMAY, I saw "Sensational" Sherrie as one of them. I didn't believe it so I looked it up and sure enough she died on June 15, 2007!!!! I would have expected this from the male wrestlers (steroids, life after wrestling, depression etc.)

I looked at the reports and all that they said was that the cause of death was unknown.

Does anybody know why she died.

thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-17-09, 10:10 PM
Dr. Dash

Death

On the morning of June 15, 2007, Martel died at her mother's residence in McCalla, Alabama, near Birmingham.[26] She was 49 years old. On June 19, 2007, police confirmed that Martel did not die of natural causes, but foul play was not suspected. Based on what was known, Martel had gone to bed at her mother's home (where she was living recently) because she was not feeling well. Her husband found her unresponsive later that afternoon.[27] Martel's sister Vickie claimed Martel died while drinking coffee with her mother on the front porch of her mother's home. Vickie suspected Sherri was taking some sort of medication/drug for her heart.

A cause of death for Martel was not initially known due to the autopsy and toxicology reports needing five to six months to complete, but on September 11, 2007, homicide investigators in Tuscaloosa, Alabama released their report stating that she died of an accidental overdose with multiple drugs in her system, including high amounts of oxycodone.

Martel's funeral was paid for by Vince McMahon while Booker T contributed the money to pay for the headstone for her grave.[31] Her funeral was attended by wrestling friends, including Shawn Michaels, Marty Jannetty, Madusa, Sharmell Sullivan, Booker T, and Jake Roberts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-17-09, 10:29 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Thanks. Very, very tragic. I find it interesting how she went to live with her mother on account of her "not feeling well". I'm just curious as to what exactly oxycodone is. No wonder why wrestling isn't the same anymore. All of the great talent has literally just died out!!!!
Old 06-17-09, 10:41 PM
Dr. Dash

Yes they have. Sad what some people have to do to keep up with this kind of "entertainment".