News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-09, 09:09 AM
admin

Dave: I Take 'Full Responsibilty' For 'Beyond Flawed' Palin Joke, and I'm Sorry

David Letterman is making a full-throated apology for his controversial joke about Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's daughter.

During a taping of tonight's edition of his CBS "Late Show," Letterman went much further than his last explanation of the joke, in which he quipped that a baseball player had "knocked up" Palin's daughter.

"I told a bad joke," Letterman said. "I told a joke that was beyond flawed, and my intent is completely meaningless compared to the perception. And since it was a joke I told, I feel that I need to do the right thing here and apologize for having told that joke."

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has accepted David Letterman’s apology about jokes the late-night host made about her daughter on his show last week, ABC News reports.

In part Palin said, in a statement, “"Of course it's accepted on behalf of young women, like my daughters, who hope men who 'joke' about public displays of sexual exploitation of girls will soon evolve."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-16-09, 09:28 AM
Dr. Dash

Poor Dave.

Why doesn't that woman and her family just go away!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!