News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-09, 07:37 AM
admin

NBA Wife, Jackie Christie, Releases Colored Girl Book and Clothing Line

From her own press release:

May 19, 2009 -- Jackie Christie, multi-talented, fashion designer, author and model, has released her new clothing line, 'Colored Girl', and her third book "Proud to Be a Colored Girl". The approach of this double launch and much anticipated clothing line is to instill the feelings of self worth, beauty and equality in all women.

Jackie's line will launch first with designer eco friendly 100% organic cotton t-shirts and accessories, and later followed by a hip relaxed and fun denim collection. Her line will be available initially on-line and in stores located in Seattle, WA; Los Angeles, CA; and Atlanta, GA. "This limited release is done by design to ensure that women will come together more to get my pieces if my clothes are not widely available at first," Jackie comments.

Christie's line will be competitive with other designers such as Free People, Ed Hardy, and the environmentally conscious.

"I design with my heart and emotions, whatever I am feeling. I start there and I move with the vibe, not against it," says Jackie Christie.

"The motivation behind 'Colored Girl' clothing is to instill a strong sense of pride, self love and equality in women, of all ages. The age old stereotype is that colored stands for African American women, but in actuality every nationality of women the world over has a color to their skin. No matter what that color is, a colored girl can be someone viewed as beautiful. I want to remove the stigma," says Jackie Christie.

The proceeds from her clothing line as well as her new book will serve to support single mothers and impoverished families all over the world, through her and her husband's (NBA star Doug Christie) Infinite Love Foundation. Proceeds will also benefit the literacy programs in Seattle, Washington.

"There are so many causes I'm involved with. My true mission in life is to lend support to the underprivileged and suffering. To try to bring about positive change in not just the world, but also the environment. To be honest, it is very difficult to narrow it down to just one cause," expresses Jackie Christie.

More information on Jackie's upcoming events for her clothing line/book can be found at www.coloredgirl.com. View the .

NBA Wife, Jackie Christie, Releases Colored Girl Book and Clothing Line
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-20-09, 08:36 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

Colored girl, huh. What color?

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-20-09, 10:51 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Based on the silhouettes in the logo, she means Native Americans, Asians, Anglos and people of African descent.

meanwhile Doug Christie is at home making sure the house is clean and dinner is on the table when she gets home.
Old 05-20-09, 11:01 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolly roger View Post
Based on the silhouettes in the logo, she means Native Americans, Asians, Anglos and people of African descent.

meanwhile Doug Christie is at home making sure the house is clean and dinner is on the table when she gets home.

Whoa hold up...So are you trying to say that there is something wrong with Doug making sure the house is clean and making dinner. Do you have a problem with a stay at home dad. I do those things while I go to school. I also worked 3 jobs so my wife could go and obtain her 2 degrees. So what's wrong with a man staying home and cooking and cleaning and going to school?
Old 05-20-09, 03:47 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

^^^ I think you meant to ask "Do you think there is anything wrong with Jackie Christie?"

...and the answer to that is "EVERYTHING."
Old 05-20-09, 05:36 PM
Dr. Dash

I think Jolly was making fun of Doug Christi being P-whipped more than stay at home dads.
Old 05-21-09, 10:48 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Yea, but your wife probably didn't make a unilateral decision to make you a stay at home dad, meanwhile using you money to start her own business. Go look up some articles on the Christies and you'll get the joke.

I'll get you started:
link
Oh yea, here's the good one: link
Quote:
''Every conversation I've ever had with a woman since we've been married besides my wife she knows about,'' he said. ''She's been there. But what are we talking about? Banking? Mortgage? Other than that, I don't have anything to say to anybody. It's taking up my time and my time is limited to basketball and my family.''
I think even the craziest mormons and muslims give their wives more rights than this.