News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-09, 05:11 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Swine flu outbreak causes big drop in bus travel from Mexico

SAN ANTONIO -- As most can imagine, the swine flu outbreak has slowed bus travel to and from Mexico. News 4 WOAI spoke to passengers on Thursday about their trip and what they encountered across the border.

So far, there haven't been any cancellations on bus rides to and from Mexico. But there are fewer and fewer people on board.

Click here to watch News 4 WOAI's Kristina DeLeon's report

"Every time that bus comes from Monterrey, I mean it brings not too many people," said Rudy Delgado, who picks up Mexican travelers. "Just about four orfive people get out of the bus here."

Downtown at the Turimex Internacional, 25 buses a day come from Mexico. That number has been cut in half. And those who do come in are prepared with their masks.

"People were kind of scared," said Ed Gomez, who is traveling from Mexico. "Most of them were wearing the masks or had their mouth covered."

Gomez just returned and says there is widespread panic throughout the country.

"We were given, also, masks," Gomez told News 4 WOAI. "And I used commonsense, mostly. Because, I didn't wear it unless there was a big scare. Yeah, people were kind of scared."

Inside the bus station, inquires were being made about cancellations.

"The last few days, it's been kind of...The buses have been coming and coming empty. You know? Not too many people traveling on the bus right now," added Delgado.

The manager tells me he hopes the swine-flu threat will pass soon, so they can get back to business as usual.

Swine flu outbreak causes big drop in bus travel from Mexico | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!