News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-09, 01:35 AM
admin

Susan Boyle, An Unlikely Pop Sensation

Life isn't measured in minutes, but in moments Hardly anyone knew her. Now she's a sensation. The 47-year-old unemployed church worker from Scotland's West Lothian district has captured hearts...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-23-09, 01:38 AM
admin

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-23-09, 11:24 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

OMG this lady has an amazing voice despite her hideous looks.

Don't know why the embedding is disabled by request on the first video in the post, but I will post you the whole "Britain's got talent" clip in few moments.

Here is an article I read today about this phenom singer sensation:

Susan Boyle Joked About Never Being Kissed

Britain's Got Talent singer Susan Boyle may not be as naive as she would have us believe.

The 47-year-old spinster told viewers of the U.K. TV talent show that she lived alone, had a cat called Pebbles, and had "never been kissed."

But it wasn't true.

Boyle, who has competed in countless talent shows, used the line to curry favor with the audience. She told a TV interviewer from U.K. breakfast show GMTV, "That was made as a joke! Never been kissed? I've never stopped."

The blogosphere has lit up at the news.

"Angel or crazy for publicity? You decide," was how fan site CafeArjun.com responded. "I'm forced to believe it was all a planned show!"

Popwrap.com branded her a "one-trick pony," while NowPublic.com was more understanding: "Do you think a peck on the cheek counts for being kissed?" the site asked.

But Boyle's admission has done nothing to dampen the ardor of her millions of new fans. Many believe Boyle, who has been nicknamed the "hairy angel" according to Britain's Daily Mail, should be declared the winner of the show right now. (She has at least one more song to perform).

"Now that Susan Boyle has been acknowledged as a singing sensation for her beautiful voice, I think it would be a good idea to declare her the winner of Britain's Got Talent," wrote C.J. Crane from Mallorca in Spain.

"I am glad Simon Cowell looks like he's going to give her a recording contract," said Raymond Rees from Wales.

British fan D.E. Atkins wrote: "The makeover squad should leave Susan Boyle alone. It is her singing and simplicity that people love. Once they start trying to change Susan's image they will spoil her."

But is it too late? Is overnight stardom already threatening to change Susan Boyle?

Since her first audition, the local council has built a fence around her home to discourage autograph-hunters. Boyle has also hired a hunky live-in bodyguard, been seen sporting an expensive leather jacket, and has agreed to go on a date with one of the judges.

Susan Boyle Joked About Never Being Kissed - Musictoob
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 04-23-09, 11:28 AM

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 04-24-09, 12:23 PM
SR Team Goof

I received the youtube link via email and I could not believe the complete transformation of attitudes displayed by the three judges just in their facial expressions, from the time they did their Q&A with her to a few seconds into her beautiful song. The changes were noticed in the audience as well as the camera spanned the crowd, from the beginning of her song to the end. It was amazing. I may sound corny but I had tears in my eyes as I watched and listened to an angel sing. I was very happy for her. She may not have the physical beauty that some singers possess, but she’s got a beauty within her that we were all privileged to experience and share. If I had been a judge, I would have told Ms Boyle that for her, life begins at 47 and wish her a very happy life experience ahead of her. You haven’t seen the clip, go get it and enjoy.
Old 04-25-09, 03:05 PM

Yeah when Pierce said " No ONE is laughing Now" that was very true....

First the judges all mucked her and the audience snickered her for her looks and age and so forth... then as soon as they heard that Angelic voice they were SHOCKED to their soul...Like Amanda Said after that "That was the BIGGEST wake up call EVER!!!"

I tell you it warms my heart listening to this Glory Angel voice MS Susan Boyle has.

Now even if she loses the contest and that is a small chance, she will have a singing album contract from Simon or Pierce according to this clip on Larry King.

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 04-25-09, 06:42 PM
SpursReport Rookie

who cares what she sounds like. i'll never buy that piece of crap music she sings .enough already with the 47 year old virgin. i grew up listening to joe anyhony and the electric lady on 99.5 kiss. rock on!!
Old 04-25-09, 10:07 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Wow what an ignorant buffoon.