Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-09, 12:48 PM
Dr. Dash

Kanye humbled by South Park spoof

Page last updated at 11:29 GMT, Friday, 10 April 2009 12:29

Kanye West was given the South Park treatment in the show's latest episode

Rapper Kanye West has said that he was "murdered" in an episode of animated US show South Park, but found his negative portrayal "pretty funny".

West, who was shown as out-of-touch and self-centred in Wednesday night's edition, wrote on his blog that he had been "working on my ego".

The musician also thanked the show's writers and artists for their input.

In 2007, West vowed never to return to MTV after failing to pick up any prizes at an awards ceremony.

Irreverent

But the Grammy Award winner chose to return a year later.

Last year he told the Associated Press that he was "the voice of a generation" and recently stated that his only regret was not being able to see himself perform live.

West's blog entry went on to say: "I just wanna be a doper person without telling people how dope [awesome] I think I am."

He added that he was sure the South Park writers were "nice people in real life", and said it was an honour to be captured by the show's animators.

The show, which is due to run on Comedy Central in the US until at least 2011, is renowned for its dark humour and has run into controversy in the past.

In 2006, the Queen was depicted committing suicide, while figures including the Virgin Mary and actor Tom Cruise have also been treated irreverently.Page last updated at 11:29 GMT, Friday, 10 April 2009 12:29 UKE-mail this to a friend Printable version

Kanye West was given the South Park treatment in the show's latest episode

Rapper Kanye West has said that he was "murdered" in an episode of animated US show South Park, but found his negative portrayal "pretty funny".

West, who was shown as out-of-touch and self-centred in Wednesday night's edition, wrote on his blog that he had been "working on my ego".

The musician also thanked the show's writers and artists for their input.

In 2007, West vowed never to return to MTV after failing to pick up any prizes at an awards ceremony.

Irreverent

But the Grammy Award winner chose to return a year later.

Last year he told the Associated Press that he was "the voice of a generation" and recently stated that his only regret was not being able to see himself perform live.

West's blog entry went on to say: "I just wanna be a doper person without telling people how dope [awesome] I think I am."

He added that he was sure the South Park writers were "nice people in real life", and said it was an honour to be captured by the show's animators.

The show, which is due to run on Comedy Central in the US until at least 2011, is renowned for its dark humour and has run into controversy in the past.

In 2006, the Queen was depicted committing suicide, while figures including the Virgin Mary and actor Tom Cruise have also been treated irreverently.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Kanye humbled by South Park spoof
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-11-09, 01:27 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
n 2006, the Queen was depicted committing suicide, while figures including the Virgin Mary and actor Tom Cruise have also been treated irreverently.

The Virgin Mary and Tom Cruise in the same equation? thats ridiculous.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!