News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-09, 02:08 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Woman Calls 911 After McDonald's Runs Out Of Nuggets

Woman Calls 911 After McDonald's Runs Out Of Nuggets - Local News Story - WPBF West Palm Beach

FORT PIERCE, Fla. -- A Fort Pierce woman called 911 three times to report an emergency after McDonald's had run out of McNuggets, according to a police report obtained Tuesday.

Latreasa Goodman, 27, was issued a written notice to appear in court for misusing the 911 emergency communications system.
According to the report, Goodman called 911 three times Saturday to report that a McDonald's employee wasn't giving her a refund for the chicken nuggets she wanted. When police arrived, Goodman said she purchased a 10-piece chicken McNugget meal, received her change and then was told McDonald's had run out of McNuggets. Goodman said she tried to get a refund, but the cashier told her it was against store policy and that all sales are final.

"The manager just took my money and won't give me my money back, trying to make me get something off the menu that I don't want," Goodman said in one of the 911 calls. "I ordered chicken nuggets. They don't have chicken nuggets, and so I told her, 'Just give me my money back,' and she tells me I have to pick something else off the menu. She is not going to give me my money back, and she don't have the right to take my money."
According to the report, after police told Goodman the incident was not an emergency, Goodman replied, "This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn't have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don't want one. This is an emergency."
Customers at the McDonald's where the incident occurred had mixed feelings about the McNugget meltdown.

Daniel Slaton said he typically orders McNuggets when he goes to McDonald's, saying simply, "I just like them better than anywhere else."
But Sallee Bair had a different perspective.
"That's a little overboard," Bair said. "That's way too much, way extreme for chicken nuggets. They're not that great."
Carlos Solorzano, operations manager for all McDonald's restaurants in Florida, issued a statement Tuesday apologizing for the incident.

"Satisfying each and every customer that visits our restaurants is very important to us," Solorzano said. "Regarding this isolated incident, we apologize for the inconvenience caused. In the event that we are unable to fill an order, a customer should be offered the choice of a full refund or alternative menu items. We regret that in this instance, that wasn't the case.
"We want to correct our mistake. We will be sending the customer her refund, along with an invitation to return for her original order, on us. We never want to disappoint a McNuggets fan or any McDonald's customer. Customer satisfaction is our top priority."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-04-09, 03:19 AM
Dr. Dash

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-04-09, 06:27 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

After reading it it's not as outrageous as when I'd first heard it.
Old 03-04-09, 07:52 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

She is a McDumb@$$.

Using the 9-1-1 system for this? What if she was occupying an operator who could have been helping somebody in a life/death situation? Idiot!

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 03-04-09, 11:01 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

She is retarded. The police have no jurisdiction over this type of event. It's in the jurisdiction of civil courts. The only reason they would have even showed up is to ensure keeping of the peace.

Yea its bad for McDonalds to not refund her money or give her what she purchased, and she would be due a reimbursement or damages. But its definitely inappropriate, and a legitimate civil offense to involve 911 emergency survices. She should know better, and now maybe in the future, she will.

$
Old 03-04-09, 12:23 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark21horse View Post
She is a McDumb@$$.

Using the 9-1-1 system for this? What if she was occupying an operator who could have been helping somebody in a life/death situation? Idiot!

I have been to Ft. Pierce many times and this IS the kind of thing they would call 911 for. Here are some other recent news stories from Ft. Pierce.

Report: Mother Left Child In Car To Play Video Games
Woman Accused Of Leaving Child In SUV In Arcade Parking Lot
WPBF-TV
updated 7:18 p.m. ET, Tues., March. 3, 2009
FORT PIERCE, Fla. - A Fort Pierce mother is being charged with child neglect after she left her special needs son in a car while she went into an arcade to play video games for more than an hour, the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office said. According to the arrest report, Evylon Hrusovsky, 54, left her 5-year-old son in her sport utility vehicle in the parking lot of a local arcade while she went inside and played video games.Hrusovsky entered the arcade at about 11:45 p.m. Feb. 26. At 12:50 a.m., a passer-by noticed the young child screaming and crying in the front seat of the SUV, and alerted the manager of the arcade, the report states. The child was not injured. Hrusovsky was being held on $2,500 bond.
URL: Report: Mother Left Child In Car To Play Video Games - News- msnbc.com

Florida Man Claims Veteran Status Should Allow Him to Steal
Thursday , February 26, 2009
FORT PIERCE, Fla. —
A man picked up by police in Florida for an alleged candy theft said his recent military service in Iraq entitles him to free M&Ms, The Stuart News reported. An officer confronted 31-year-old Eric T. Ambrose at a Fort Pierce truck stop early Monday morning after he reported finding several packages of candy and nuts, two black T-shirts and a 20 oz. bottle of beer in Ambrose's pockets, police said. He said he had paid for all the items, but a clerk denied ringing up any purchases for Ambrose. An affidavit stated that while he was in a patrol vehicle, Ambrose, who appeared to be drunk, screamed out the window that he had served in the military in Iraq and could steal all the M&M's he wanted, according to The Stuart News His veteran status could not be immediately verified. Ambrose was charged with retail theft. He was being held on $5,000 bail.

Fort Pierce Man Jumps Off Bridge To Land Job
FAU Student Says He Did It To Spice Up His Resume Tape
WPBF-TV
updated 2:49 p.m. ET, Thurs., Feb. 12, 2009
FORT PIERCE, Fla. - A Fort Pierce man jumped off the South Causeway Bridge on Wednesday in order to land a job in Australia. When Christopher Grima, 25, heard about a marketing campaign that offered a six-figure salary to work half the year as a caretaker along the Great Barrier Reef, he jumped at the opportunity -- literally. "You had to send in a 60-second video clip about yourself and why you're the best person for (the) job," Grima said.
So the marine biology student at Florida Atlantic University came up with a plan to get his resume to the top of the pile. Grima told police he wanted to videotape his jump to put on his resume. "I figured since there's thousands of applicants that what better way to start off than jumping off a bridge," Grima said. However, his stunt caught the attention of a Fort Pierce police officer, who saw Grima swimming toward the shore.
According to the police report, "The subject stated that he was applying for employment in Australia and wanted to capture a video of himself jumping off the bridge, to gain attention of the recruiters." According to an Australian tourism company, the job involves living in a beach home for six months, snorkeling, watching whales and blogging about the experience. Police, however, were not amused. "People have done it before and died doing it," Fort Pierce police Sgt. Dan Flaherty said. "A few years ago there was a teenager that jumped off the bridge and died." Fort Pierce police, the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office, the U.S. Coast Guard and Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officers responded. Grima was not hurt in the jump, but he was charged with breach of peace and disorderly conduct and may be asked to pay for all the resources used as a result of his stunt.
URL: Fort Pierce Man Jumps Off Bridge To Land Job - News- msnbc.com

WPBF.com
Fort Pierce Police Officer Arrested Again
Officer Charged With Armed Trespassing
POSTED: 6:52 pm EST February 12, 2009
FORT PIERCE, Fla. -- A Fort Pierce police officer was arrested for the second time in less than a week Thursday, this time charged with armed trespassing and unauthorized use of a computer network. St. Lucie County sheriff's detectives arrested Officer Troy Giovengo at about 12:15 p.m. Last Friday, the Port St. Lucie Police Department arrested Giovengo on aggravated stalking charges. The next day, he was released after posting $10,000 bond.
Following those events, another woman, interviewed by the St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office, described an encounter in her home with Giovengo on Dec. 12. The sheriff's office's investigation led to the new charges that were the basis for Giovengo's arrest Thursday. He posted $7,500 bond and was released from the St. Lucie County Jail just before 3 p.m.

Last edited by Go Spurs Go; 03-04-09 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-04-09, 12:31 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Spurs Go View Post
I have been to Ft. Pierce many times and this IS the kind of thing they would call 911 for. Here are some other recent news stories from Ft. Pierce.

Report: Mother Left Child In Car To Play Video Games
Woman Accused Of Leaving Child In SUV In Arcade Parking Lot
WPBF-TV
updated 7:18 p.m. ET, Tues., March. 3, 2009
FORT PIERCE, Fla. - A Fort Pierce mother is being charged with child neglect after she left her special needs son in a car while she went into an arcade to play video games for more than an hour, the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office said. According to the arrest report, Evylon Hrusovsky, 54, left her 5-year-old son in her sport utility vehicle in the parking lot of a local arcade while she went inside and played video games.Hrusovsky entered the arcade at about 11:45 p.m. Feb. 26. At 12:50 a.m., a passer-by noticed the young child screaming and crying in the front seat of the SUV, and alerted the manager of the arcade, the report states. The child was not injured. Hrusovsky was being held on $2,500 bond.
URL: Report: Mother Left Child In Car To Play Video Games - News- msnbc.com

Florida Man Claims Veteran Status Should Allow Him to Steal
Thursday , February 26, 2009
FORT PIERCE, Fla. —
A man picked up by police in Florida for an alleged candy theft said his recent military service in Iraq entitles him to free M&Ms, The Stuart News reported. An officer confronted 31-year-old Eric T. Ambrose at a Fort Pierce truck stop early Monday morning after he reported finding several packages of candy and nuts, two black T-shirts and a 20 oz. bottle of beer in Ambrose's pockets, police said. He said he had paid for all the items, but a clerk denied ringing up any purchases for Ambrose. An affidavit stated that while he was in a patrol vehicle, Ambrose, who appeared to be drunk, screamed out the window that he had served in the military in Iraq and could steal all the M&M's he wanted, according to The Stuart News His veteran status could not be immediately verified. Ambrose was charged with retail theft. He was being held on $5,000 bail.

Fort Pierce Man Jumps Off Bridge To Land Job
FAU Student Says He Did It To Spice Up His Resume Tape
WPBF-TV
updated 2:49 p.m. ET, Thurs., Feb. 12, 2009
FORT PIERCE, Fla. - A Fort Pierce man jumped off the South Causeway Bridge on Wednesday in order to land a job in Australia. When Christopher Grima, 25, heard about a marketing campaign that offered a six-figure salary to work half the year as a caretaker along the Great Barrier Reef, he jumped at the opportunity -- literally. "You had to send in a 60-second video clip about yourself and why you're the best person for (the) job," Grima said.
So the marine biology student at Florida Atlantic University came up with a plan to get his resume to the top of the pile. Grima told police he wanted to videotape his jump to put on his resume. "I figured since there's thousands of applicants that what better way to start off than jumping off a bridge," Grima said. However, his stunt caught the attention of a Fort Pierce police officer, who saw Grima swimming toward the shore.
According to the police report, "The subject stated that he was applying for employment in Australia and wanted to capture a video of himself jumping off the bridge, to gain attention of the recruiters." According to an Australian tourism company, the job involves living in a beach home for six months, snorkeling, watching whales and blogging about the experience. Police, however, were not amused. "People have done it before and died doing it," Fort Pierce police Sgt. Dan Flaherty said. "A few years ago there was a teenager that jumped off the bridge and died." Fort Pierce police, the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office, the U.S. Coast Guard and Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officers responded. Grima was not hurt in the jump, but he was charged with breach of peace and disorderly conduct and may be asked to pay for all the resources used as a result of his stunt.
URL: Fort Pierce Man Jumps Off Bridge To Land Job - News- msnbc.com

WPBF.com
Fort Pierce Police Officer Arrested Again
Officer Charged With Armed Trespassing
POSTED: 6:52 pm EST February 12, 2009
FORT PIERCE, Fla. -- A Fort Pierce police officer was arrested for the second time in less than a week Thursday, this time charged with armed trespassing and unauthorized use of a computer network. St. Lucie County sheriff's detectives arrested Officer Troy Giovengo at about 12:15 p.m. Last Friday, the Port St. Lucie Police Department arrested Giovengo on aggravated stalking charges. The next day, he was released after posting $10,000 bond.
Following those events, another woman, interviewed by the St. Lucie County Sheriff’s Office, described an encounter in her home with Giovengo on Dec. 12. The sheriff's office's investigation led to the new charges that were the basis for Giovengo's arrest Thursday. He posted $7,500 bond and was released from the St. Lucie County Jail just before 3 p.m.
You have posted articles about some dumb people, however most of these articles are about people being arrested for doing stupid stuff and being arrested for it. This lady called 9-1-1 because she was unable to get a refund for some chicken mcnuggets. Its a little different. I agree with Money.....this is a civil matter....not an emergency. Most states have a non-emergency number you can call to file an incident report if you must call the police for something like this.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 03-04-09, 12:36 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Police Aide Arrested, Accused Of Witness Tampering
Woman Worked For Fort Pierce Police Department For 7 Years
WPBF-TV
updated 5:46 p.m. ET, Fri., Feb. 6, 2009
FORT PIERCE, Fla. - A Fort Pierce police community service aide was arrested Thursday after being accused of witness tampering in a shooting case.

Police arrested employee Ebony Baret, who has worked for the Fort Pierce Police Department for seven years.

The department's community service aides are non-sworn personnel who assist sworn officers by investigating minor traffic crashes, other minor offenses, nonemergency calls for service and other incidents that do not require the authority of a sworn officer.

Police said Baret, 28, was in contact with a possible shooting suspect and tipped him off to law enforcement involvement.

According to a phone recording between Baret and suspect Ned Childress, police said, Baret notified Childress that officers were "strapping up." She also allegedly gave him a description of police vehicles that would soon be arriving.

On Feb. 5, police said Baret admitted to gaining access to confidential information. A police interview with Baret revealed that she conspired with Childress and other known gang members to intimidate the witnesses in Childress' jury trial.

Baret faces four felony charges and remains in the St. Lucie County Jail.

She has been charged with obstructing information sought by a police warrant, obstructing justice by intimidating or threatening, disclosure or use of confidential criminal justice information and official misconduct.

URL: Police Aide Arrested, Accused Of Witness Tampering - News- msnbc.com

Police: Man Threw Bucket In Driver's Face
Man Became Angry After Driver Took His Parking Space, Arrest Report Says
WPBF-TV
updated 2:16 p.m. ET, Sun., Feb. 15, 2009
FORT PIERCE, Fla. - An Okeechobee man was arrested Wednesday after he threw a bucket in the face of a driver who took his parking space, Fort Pierce police said.

According to an incident report released Friday, Prentis Hatfield was waiting in his truck for an available parking space when Edwin Lugo drove around him and parked his vehicle in the space Hatfield had been waiting on.

Lugo, 65, told police that Hatfield, 60, approached him as Lugo got out of his vehicle and began yelling and cursing at him. Lugo said Hatfield then took a bucket from his truck and threw it at him, striking Lugo in the lip.

Hatfield told police that he was upset Lugo had taken his parking space and that he didn't think it was OK for someone to do whatever they want to do, according to the report. Hatfield then apologized to Lugo, who said he wanted to press charges, according to the report.

Hatfield was charged with battery and taken to the St. Lucie County Jail.

URL: Police: Man Threw Bucket In Driver's Face - News- msnbc.com

St. Lucie County Student Jailed For Pushing Bus Driver
Sheriff's Office: Student Upset After Being Asked To Turn Down Music
WPBF-TV
updated 4:47 p.m. ET, Sun., March. 1, 2009
FORT PIERCE, Fla. - A Thursday morning bus ride ended with a trip to jail for a St. Lucie County student.

Darryl Constant is accused of pushing his bus driver after she took away his MP3 player.

According to the bus driver, Audrey Greenslade, Constant was listening to music too loudly. She asked him several times to turn it down because it was distracting. When he refused, she confiscated the music player. That's when, Greenslade claims, Constant pushed her. He also threatened to punch her if she didn't return the MP3 player.

At that point, Greenslade radioed in to school security about the incident.

When the bus arrived at Indian Hills School, the 11th-grade student was arrested because he is 18 years old.

URL: St. Lucie County Student Jailed For Pushing Bus Driver - News- msnbc.com

Woman in adoption scam gets 20 years
She is accused of abusing 11 disabled children she adopted
The Associated Press
updated 2:43 p.m. ET, Thurs., Feb. 5, 2009
FORT PIERCE, Fla. - A Florida woman accused of abusing 11 disabled children she adopted — while pocketing more than $1 million in subsidies — has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Circuit Judge Robert Belanger on Wednesday called Judith Leekin's actions "reprehensible" and handed down the maximum punishment allowed in the plea agreement. Leekin, 63, pleaded no contest to four counts of aggravated child abuse and four counts of aggravated abuse of disabled adults. The adoptees are now in their mid-teens and 20s.

"I'm very sorry," Leekin said several times during a brief statement to the court.

Leekin was arrested in July 2007 after police were called to a supermarket where authorities said she'd abandoned an 18-year-old girl.

Authorities say they found the adopted children had been held like prisoners in Leekin's home, often handcuffed together and forced to soil themselves because they were not allowed to use the bathroom. They said they had never seen a doctor or a dentist and had not been allowed to attend school or leave the house. All were near starvation when they were found.

Leekin used four aliases to adopt from different agencies and created fake report cards to show the children's progress, even though they were not attending school, according to court records and officials. The children were adopted in New York City before Leekin moved to Florida in 1998.

New York City records show she received more than $1.2 million in subsidies for the disabled children she had adopted.

Leekin, who moved to the U.S. from Trinidad, was sentenced in July in New York federal court to nearly 11 years in prison for fraud. That sentence will run concurrently with the Florida prison term.

A phone message left for Leekin's public defender by The Associated Press was not immediately returned Thursday.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
URL: Woman in adoption scam gets 20 years - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

Second firefighter arrested for growing pot
Reported by: WPTV staff
Email: [email protected]
Last Update: 2/18 2:34 pm

FT. PIERCE, FL -- A second St. Lucie firefighter is facing two felony charges for growing marijuana.

According to the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office, Edward Joseph Nobles II was arrested after detectives issued a search warrant at his home in Ft. Pierce Tuesday evening.

According to the arrest report, Nobles confessed to detectives that he had been "growing marijuana in his shed for the purpose of selling the pot for extra money."

Detectives recovered a grow light, four pot plants, and more than one hundred seedlings.

A 9mm handgun was also recovered from Noble's residence.

According to officials, detectives received information after Herman Gonzalez, another St. Lucie County firefighter was arrested early Tuesday for cultivating more than 80 pot plants inside of a warehouse in Stuart.

St. Lucie County officials could not confirm a connection between the two firefighters, only that information from the first firefighter's arrest from Stuart led officials to the arrest of Nobles in Ft. Pierce.

Edward Nobles was held on $10,000 bond at the St. Lucie County Jail, but was released Tuesday at about 8:00 p.m.

Herman Gonzalez was held on $105,000 bond at the Martin County Jail, but was released Tuesday at abaout 8:30 p.m.

Both face felony charges for cultivation of marijuana and marijuana possesion with intent to distribute.
Old 03-04-09, 12:41 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark21horse View Post
You have posted articles about some dumb people, however most of these articles are about people being arrested for doing stupid stuff and being arrested for it. This lady called 9-1-1 because she was unable to get a refund for some chicken mcnuggets. Its a little different. I agree with Money.....this is a civil matter....not an emergency. Most states have a non-emergency number you can call to file an incident report if you must call the police for something like this.

I agree that it is not a matter for 911. The people there are very stupid and don't know any better. Ft. Pierce is about 2-3 hours North of South Beach and it is like being in a different country. There is nothing to do but be stupid and get in trouble. If it were not for their stupidity nobody would have ever heard of Ft. Pierce.