News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-09, 09:22 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Spurs Report Member Finalist for the "World's Best Job"

Hey guys,

Sorry to be guilty of some shameless promotion but I'm sure some of you heard about this "world's best job" that is being offered in Queensland, Australia.

Basically what you get to do is live on a beautiful island for 6 months, get paid $100,000 while blogging about your experiences on the island and its surrounding areas.

The job got more than 34,000 applicants but I happened to make it to the final 50 people where internet voting has now begun.

You can vote once each day but if you have multiple email addresses, you can vote multiple times. The voting ends on March 24th at 11:59PM GMT, so we got about 3 weeks to keep the vote going.

Some of you may know me from the Spurs Forum... before we had that long site downtime, I posted a detailed interview with Bruce Bowen when he visited South Korea 2 years ago where i work in the media.

Anyways, thought i would just reach out and ask for some support from my fellow Spurs' fans. Go to the site and cast a vote for me. I would greatly appreciate it (but if you vote for the hot Russian in the bikini, i guess i can't really blame you.)

The Best Job In The World

Thanks guys and GO SPURS GO. Hurry back MANU!!!

P.S. if some of you admins think this would be appropriate to be posted in the basketball forum, then i'm all for the move to get more exposure. I didn't want to post it there in the first place and mess with the Feng Shui of SR.

Last edited by Kpowr4ever; 03-03-09 at 09:25 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-03-09, 09:52 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I'll wear as much Spurs stuff as I can in Australia and maybe even don an old Andrew Gaze Spurs' Jersey from the 99 Season.

anyone know where I can find one?

(now, it's kinda basketball related...)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-03-09, 10:06 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

awesome!
Old 03-03-09, 10:07 AM
SpursReport Team Member

thx for the tip about the hot russian blonde - i voted for her.

just kidding. I voted for you. Even with the lack of Spurs love in the video
Old 03-03-09, 10:08 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I'll vote for you just for the Sooner joke....
Old 03-03-09, 10:17 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Oh man, shouldn't have brought up the teasipper bit, that's gonna cost ya... Goodluck man, I hope you get it.
Old 03-03-09, 10:28 AM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

Voted!
Hope u get the "job".
[email protected]
Old 03-03-09, 11:43 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Good Luck you have my support. Just as long as you fit a bit about the Spurs in your blogs.
Old 03-03-09, 12:14 PM
SpursReport Rookie

The Russian has 3271 Votes so far and second place has 1221. Lets see if we can get Kpowr4ever out of 5th place.

Last edited by Go Spurs Go; 03-03-09 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-03-09, 12:20 PM
SpursReport Team Member

voted for him. GO BUDDEH GO
Old 03-03-09, 01:04 PM
Dr. Dash

Voted.

Good luck!
Old 03-03-09, 03:17 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

ahahaha i vote only if you invites me.. no seriusly. done

Last edited by JuanCaca; 03-03-09 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-03-09, 03:52 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Thanks for all the support guys. Really appreciate it and I try to mention the Spurs everyday in the Sports segment of my show. gotta convert the masses! I actually wrote about the Spurs and Manu several times in the monthly teaching booklet that goes along with my other show, so the Spurs are well known and the young students' minds are starting to get brainwashed Black and Silver, just the way we like it!
Old 03-03-09, 04:05 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Whatever I can do to help defeat a Russian.
Old 03-03-09, 04:15 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

Since I voted for you I want you to do me a favor. When you are blogging you have to say, "I Love Black People!" at least once a week. (Any similarities to the movie Jerry McGuirre are purely coincidental).

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 03-03-09, 04:57 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark21horse View Post
Since I voted for you I want you to do me a favor. When you are blogging you have to say, "I Love Black People!" at least once a week. (Any similarities to the movie Jerry McGuirre are purely coincidental).

how about a GO SPURS GO at the end of each blog?
Old 03-03-09, 08:32 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I voted for you, if I need more hot chicks in bikini's in my life I'll just turn on E!.

BTW, congratulations on the shortlisting it sounds like a lot of fun.
Old 03-03-09, 11:07 PM
Spurs #1 cheer leader

I voted!!! Good luck & have fun!!

Stay thirsty my friends.
Old 03-04-09, 08:42 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Now Juweon is in 9th place and only 15000 votes behind the leader, and the russian is in 2nd behind by 6000 votes.
Old 03-04-09, 09:00 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpowr4ever View Post
how about a GO SPURS GO at the end of each blog?
How about "Go Spurs (I Love Black People) Go"?

Just kidding. Good luck!

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 03-04-09, 06:38 PM
SpursReport Team Member

That's so cool that you are one of 50 in the running. You need to get UT grads and students behind you. Do they have a website? Good Luck
Old 03-05-09, 12:26 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Voted.
Old 03-06-09, 03:02 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscarlett View Post
That's so cool that you are one of 50 in the running. You need to get UT grads and students behind you. Do they have a website? Good Luck

yeah, i just contacted the Daily Texan, the Texas Exes and Judson Senior High. I've been swamped with running Page Ranking here in Korea. We, of the Asian Pursuasion here on the Korean peninsula can get pretty crazy too once they catch on and move past the "holy the voting page is in English" phase. I'm going to wait a bit on the SA Express-News because I don't want to exhaust all my channels at once and we still do have about 19 days to go till the voting is over.

I appreciate all the support I'm getting from the members here.

remember to go vote each day per email address.

and if i win, i gonna have spurs jerseys of the following players so i can wear one each day.

David Robinson
Manu Ginobili
Tim Duncan
George Gervin
Tony Parker
Sean Elliott
Andrew Gaze - for the aussies!!
Old 03-09-09, 01:49 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Hey Kpowr4ever I voted for you and I will tell all of my friends to do so until you get there.

***Anyone can vote again within 24 hours between each vote.

150k for 6 month is a Great Contract. I truly Hope you will get it.

Like someone said you def need the UT of Austin people to pull for ya too.

Good Luck to you

Represent SR and our beloved Spurs

Go Spurs Go
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 03-09-09, 02:38 AM
SpursReport Team Member

dont forget sean marks!
Old 03-20-09, 08:19 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Fellow Spursreporters,

There's a couple of days left in the voting process and I appreciate the support you guys have given me. Even though the voting ends, the whole process doesn't end till April 2nd, which is when the next 11 is announced, and i hope it doesnt end for me on that date. I made a video specially designed for the Spanish speakers... I was wondering if some of you guys, especially spanish speakers, could help "spread the word" about the video to other Spanish communities on the internet.

You can check out the video at my blog for the best job in the world...
…to the Great Barrier Reef with me?

ALSO, i'm embedding it here.

Thanks guys!