SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-09, 07:23 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Swayze memoir coming out this fall

Swayze memoir coming out this fall
28 mins ago

NEW YORK – A "deeply personal memoir" by Patrick Swayze and his wife is coming out this fall.

"The currently untitled book will offer an intimate account of Patrick Swayze's childhood, career and marriage, as well as his brave fight against a diagnosis of stage-four pancreatic cancer, from which he has gleaned wisdom and has remained resolutely optimistic," according to a statement released Thursday by Atria Books.

"Swayze's wife of over 30 years, Lisa Niemi, will give insight into the intensity of her experience and the enormity of helping a loved one battle a life-threatening disease."

The 56-year-old actor, known for such films as "Ghost" and "Dirty Dancing," stars in the new A&E drama "The Beast."

"With everything I've been fortunate enough to do in my life, and covering such a wide range of diverse subject matters, I'm told that my story has been inspirational to people," Swayze, diagnosed with cancer last year, said in a statement issued by Atria.

"I will write from my heart about these experiences and aside from the sheer pleasure of doing it, if people happen to garner inspiration from it, or incentive, or find a new way to love, it would be wonderful."

Atria is an imprint of Simon & Schuster.

Swayze memoir coming out this fall - Yahoo! News
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!