News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-09, 12:54 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Batman's Commissioner Gordon Dies

http://www.moviehole.net/200917186-batman-star-dies

Pat Hingle, known to film audiences as Commissioner Gordon in the "Batman" movies, has died at the age of 84.
Family friend Michele Seidman says Hingle died at his home in Carolina Beach shortly after 10 p.m. Saturday.
Seidman says he decided to settle in the coastal town after shooting the movie "Maximum Overdrive" in the area in 1986. He lived there for more than 15 years.
Hingle's many film credits include "Brewster's Millions" (1983), "Baby Boom" (1987), "The Grifters" (1990) and "The Quick and the Dead" (1995). He played the role of Commissioner Gordon in Tim Burton's "Batman" and "Batman Returns" and again for Joel Schumacher in "Batman Forever" and "Batman and Robin".
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-05-09, 01:14 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Another death??? sad just sad.

R.I.P.
Old 01-11-09, 04:43 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Oh, I saw the title and thoughts this was talking about the Gordon in the new Batman movies. Whew!

Sad day though. What's up with Batman actors dying recently?
Old 01-12-09, 12:31 AM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

Oh my goodness...REST IN PEACE.

I remember one of my favorite moments in the older Batman films...was in Batman Forever...a scene where Gordan was waiting for Batman to come to the Bat signal..and he got frustrated and told another officer to shut down the bat signal because it was obvious Batmans not coming....then like 5 seconds later ..Gordan listens in to the sky and is like "wait a minute..wait a minute!" Looks up to the sky and Batman comes flying THROUGH THE BAT SIGNAL with the Bat plane....and Gordan throws his hands up and screams "YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH GOOOOOOO" like go get them...I really liked that part. ;-)

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-12-09, 01:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode Master View Post
Oh my goodness...REST IN PEACE.

I remember one of my favorite moments in the older Batman films...was in Batman Forever...a scene where Gordan was waiting for Batman to come to the Bat signal..and he got frustrated and told another officer to shut down the bat signal because it was obvious Batmans not coming....then like 5 seconds later ..Gordan listens in to the sky and is like "wait a minute..wait a minute!" Looks up to the sky and Batman comes flying THROUGH THE BAT SIGNAL with the Bat plane....and Gordan throws his hands up and screams "YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH GOOOOOOO" like go get them...I really liked that part. ;-)

Last edited by Sparkle; 01-12-09 at 01:21 AM.