SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-08, 10:34 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Adam Sandler's New Family-Friendly Persona: At the "Bedtime Stories" Premiere

Adam Sandler's New Family-Friendly Persona: At the "Bedtime Stories" Premiere
Jenny Peters – Fri Dec 19, 1:44 pm ET

Los Angeles – "I wanted to make sure that I did one movie in my career that mothers hugged me for. This could be it."

So said Adam Sandler at a press conference just before the premiere of "Bedtime Stories," the comedian's first foray into a truly for-the-family flick, courtesy of the Walt Disney Company.

"I've always wanted to do a family movie. I loved that every Sunday night we'd watch a Disney movie with Kurt Russell. I was a big fan of Kurt Russell growing up," he grinned. "I have kids now, all my friends all have kids now. We were excited to be in something, seriously, that we could play in the house and feel comfortable that our kids could see. A lot of times my movies, the kids end up seeing them anyways, but some of their mothers yell at me. They tell me I have corrupted their child. That I have influenced them to pee on walls."

Sandler and his wife Jackie left their kids, including one-month-old Sunny, at home on Thursday night as they attended the "Bedtime Stories" premiere in Hollywood, as did Keri Russell, Lucy Lawless, and Courteney Cox, Sandler's co-stars in the comedy, but many happy revelers at the screening and after party did bring their children, and the film's two young stars, Jonathan Morgan Heit and Laura Ann Kesling, turned up, too. They got to experience stilt walkers and other fun stuff, and most brought gifts to donate to the Toys for Tots charity that was on hand, too.

Also joining in the PG-rated fun were the film's other funny co-stars, Russell Brand, Guy Pearce, Aisha Tyler, Rob Schneider, Kathryn Joosten, and Teresa Palmer, along with director Adam Shankman and Sandler pals David Spade, Patrick Warburton, and Kevin James.

And for fans of Adam Sandler's raunchier brand of comedy, "Bedtime Stories" shouldn't be a worry. He's currently in production on Judd Apatow's new comedy "Funny People," and that's definitely not a kid-friendly flick.

"I've been shooting with Judd, and I come home feeling so filthy and so sad," Sandler joked "I can't meet eyes with my kids sometimes! I hope they never see these other movies I'm doing.

And I do want to do more family-friendly movies. I do feel good doing them. But it's not going to be my way of life. I'm a comedian and that's it."

Adam Sandler's New Family-Friendly Persona: At the "Bedtime Stories" Premiere - Yahoo! News
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-31-08, 01:41 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Bed Time Stories looks kinda cool. Might go check it out this weekend.