News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 12-15-08, 02:50 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Chicago

My boyfriend and I are driving from Toronto to Chicago for a week after Christmas. Neither of us have ever been to the city.

Does anyone here know the city well? Any suggestions to attractions/ restaurants/ etc.?

I know Tristen goes to school there, are you still around?
Old 12-16-08, 04:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Make sure you have plenty of $100 bills to grease the palms of those in charge.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-16-08, 11:49 PM
SpursReport Rookie

There is a place called Gibson's that has some very good steaks there. The problem is it's always packed. So to work around that, just go to the restaurant next door, Hugo's. It's their seafood brother, but they share the same kitchen. You can get almost the same menu that you would as if you were at Gibson's.

BTW, I went to toronto for labor day, loved it. C'est What downtown was great, as well as footwork
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-17-08, 10:03 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Cool.

We're staying at Intercontinental Chicago, so walking around to places at least won't be a problem.
Old 12-17-08, 11:26 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Gino's Pizza is a tourist favorite since it's one of the better deep dish pizzas in the city. But if you're in for a good pizza place that's not touristy, take the Red Line up north to a place called Pequod's (you can find directions by public transit on google maps). After you're done eating you can walk around the Lincoln Park area, which is really nice. It'll be cold, so dress warmly!

Another thing you can do is head to the Chicago Architecture Foundation and take a tour around the downtown portion of the city. I'm not 100% positive they do winter tours, but it's worth investigating.

Another fun thing to do is go up either the Sears Tower or the Hancock Building. Of the two, people say the Hancock has the better view. Neither is free, but the Sears is about $15 to go up, and the Hancock is actually a bar/restaurant. So if you spend $10-$12, you get a drink and a view.

Millennium Park is pretty great, if it's not too cold, and so is the Art Institute, if you like art.

The Chicago Cultural Center is a nice free destination if you're in the downtown area; especially if you're headed to Millennium Park or the Art Institute.

I'd also recommend checking out the Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, and/or the Museum of Science of Industry (more out of the way, but very cool).

Hope that helps!
Old 12-17-08, 04:06 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

if you're looking for great steaks... go to The Primehouse. It's pricey, but worth every penny. simply amazing.

also... like obijon said, the field museum really cool. so is the hancock building.

i like the museum at the school of the art institute of chicago.