SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   The Cantina (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/cantina/)
-   -   A gallon a day (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/cantina/65759-gallon-day.html)

ATH 04-24-07 01:46 PM

A gallon a day

No, not of beer. Sorry, LS.

If any of you ever read health or fitness magazines, you've probably read that many of the photographed "beautiful people" drink a gallon of water a day to stay healthy and keep their systems flushed of fats and other impurities.

I thought I would give this a try.

Folks, it's do-able, but it aint easy. First off, I feel like I'm forcing myself to drink everytime I take a sip of water after my first 48 oz or so. Secondly, I have to go to the men's room every hour or so. Thirdly, I LOVE water, it's my fav beverage, but when you drink this much you start to despise it.

Anyone else do this or has tried it?

kyleo 04-24-07 01:55 PM

Between my Brita and green tea, I drink that and more probably. Helps me keep from eating badly.

ATH 04-24-07 01:57 PM

I thought I probably drank that much throughout the course of a day. Once I started measuring, though, it was clear I did't come close. Props to those of you who do that every day. I'm hoping my body will eventually get used to it.

On a side note- Congrats on no beer LS. It's bad for ya.

StrangeCheez 04-24-07 02:06 PM

I drink a lot of water, but not a gallon. 102oz is my daily average.

I have a 34oz Taco Cabana mug. I usually drink three of those.

Money4Nothing 04-24-07 02:24 PM

I drink 8 oz of liquid a day. Liquid cheese.

$

Pizbo 04-24-07 02:28 PM

I do about a gallon and a half a day. As time goes on your body starts to crave it.

The key is to go easy in the mornings and really hit it up at night.

It's great for losing weight and you just feel cleaner.

VDeal 04-24-07 02:48 PM

That lady who died in the Sacramento radio contest drank at least that much water.

Money4Nothing 04-24-07 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickV (Post 1081105)
That lady who died in the Sacramento radio contest drank at least that much water.

Yeah, in 30 minutes LOL!

$

VDeal 04-24-07 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Money4Nothing (Post 1081109)
Yeah, in 30 minutes LOL!

$

yep

Falcone 04-25-07 09:37 AM

just remember to pee

BEERNUTS 04-28-07 04:30 AM

Don't eat aspargus while drinking a gallon a day--everyone will keep asking "are you waxing a floor"?

andrea js 04-28-07 10:48 AM

I love water..yeah the bad thing is the constant bathroom visits, but at least for me, it's my fave beverage, plus its calorie free :wink

Art Vandalay 04-28-07 01:44 PM

your body will adjust to the bathroom visits. i down about 2 gals a day, feels good, feels cleaner, you will notice you feel more energized, removal of waste from the body is smoother, of course your bm(s) will be better :D etc. epecially if you work out a lot or play a lot of sports you need to drink plenty of water.

that girl died because she didnt go to the bathroom. as long as you go, you wont die from drinking too much water. water intoxication is from holding it in over a period of time and drinking lots of water.

KAD 04-29-07 11:04 AM

I try to get to that level but sometimes challenging - logistically speaking...