SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   The Cantina (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/cantina/)
-   -   manny pacquiao>all present day boxers (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/cantina/65190-manny-pacquiao-all-present-day-boxers.html)

Alamo Boy 04-14-07 11:37 PM

manny pacquiao>all present day boxers

Unperturbed by the runaway odds, Solis, who had boasted that he’s better than the world-renowned Barrera, Erik Morales and Juan Manuel Marquez, vowed to shock the world and bring the title back to Mexico.

“Pacquiao hasn’t fought an opponent like me,” said Solis, who has been knocked down four times but has always recovered to win. “The world will come to know me after the fight.”

That’s for sure. What’s uncertain is his fate.

Will he wind up as a proud conqueror? Or will Pacquiao add him to his roster of vanquished Mexican challengers.

Hairyhandedgent 04-14-07 11:45 PM

Boxing<Roller Derby

Alamo Boy 04-14-07 11:47 PM

proud day for the Philippines today :) winning both undercard and main event

Hairyhandedgent 04-14-07 11:50 PM

Boxing<Westminster Dog Show

j_chantana 04-15-07 01:06 AM

YEAH GO MANNY.

MomBear 04-15-07 01:20 AM

Pacquiao KO's Solis at the Dome

Pacquiao KO's Solis at the Dome

Manny Pacquiao retained his international WBC super featherweight title with an eighth-round knockout of Jorge Solis.
By Sports Network
Sunday, April 15, 2007

San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Manny Pacquiao retained his international WBC super featherweight title with an eighth-round knockout of Jorge Solis.

Pacquiao (44-3-2, 35 KOs), a congressional candidate in the Philippines, dominated most of the bout and ended it by flooring his Mexican opponent twice in the eighth round.

Solis (32-1-2), in his first world title fight, couldn't keep up with the fast pace of "Pacman" Pacquiao.

Solis used a stunning right to the face in the fifth round, and Pacquiao sustained a cut above his left eye via a head butt. The cut was noticeably deep in the sixth and blood was trickling from near the left eye, but Pacquiao continued to pound away, and Solis was pushed to the canvas.

Solis landed a strong uppercut, but Pacquiao dominated the sixth round. The Filipino star continued to wince in pain from the cut near his eye in the seventh, but kept landing jabs and forcing Solis to retreat.

Pacquiao's aggressive boxing paid off in the opening minute of round eight, when he sent Solis to the canvas with a right uppercut. Pacquiao then used a solid left to floor Solis again, and referee Vic Drakulich counted out Solis at the 1:16 mark.

On the undercard, Edgar Sosa captured the vacant WBC light flyweight title with a majority decision over Brian Viloria. Two judges had the fight scored 115-113, while the other had it 114-114. This was Sosa's (27-5) first try at a world title and extended his winning streak to 15 matches.

Viloria (19-2), who claimed the belt last November after Omar Nino Romero failed a post-fight drug test, couldn't hold off a late charge from his opponent.

Cristian Mijares scored a unanimous decision over Jorge Arce to win the WBC super flyweight crown. Mijares (31-3-2) scored a surprisingly easy, 119-109, 118-110, 117-111 win over Arce (46-4-1), who was left with a bloody face.

Welterweight Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (31-0-1, 24 KOs) scored a second-round knockout of Anthony Shuler (20-5-1). Chavez knocked down Shuler twice in the second round, and ended it with a strong left-right combination, ending the bout at the 1:32 mark.

LINK

:fight

Hairyhandedgent 04-15-07 11:16 AM

Boxing<Miniature Golf

Hairyhandedgent 04-16-07 10:03 PM

Boxing<Pillsbury Bake Off

invisiblekid09 04-16-07 10:06 PM

Yea Manny Pacquiao is one of the best fighters pound for pound right now, I have him above Floyd Mayweather and it will remain that way unless PBF beats Oscar De La Hoya...GO PACMAN

BTW: Boxing is one of the greatest sports IMO...Hairy you need to chill with that man, we know you dont like it but dont gotta keep doing that.

SpurInDallas 04-16-07 10:14 PM

KTD<Marc Cuban's penis foreskin

Hairyhandedgent 04-16-07 10:17 PM

Boxing < Professional Pin the tail on the donkey

invisiblekid09 04-16-07 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairyhandedgent (Post 1074772)
Boxing < Professional Pin the tail on the donkey

c'mon man knock it off how many meaningless posts have you put up already?

Hairyhandedgent 04-16-07 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invisiblekid09 (Post 1074773)
c'mon man knock it off how many meaningless posts have you put up already?

How meaningful could any post about a sport where Mike Tyson can find gainful employment be????

SpurInDallas 04-16-07 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairyhandedgent (Post 1074790)
How meaningful could any post about a sport where Mike Tyson can find gainful employment be????

How meaningful could any thread be that KTD starts?

Hairyhandedgent 04-16-07 10:43 PM

Boxing > KtD

invisiblekid09 04-16-07 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairyhandedgent (Post 1074790)

Mike Tyson was great in his time but he made some mistakes and now he's paying for them, he's obviously not mentally stable but he was a great athlete... basketball has its nutcases too. Seriously though I love boxing, and I know you dont and i respect that but if you have nothing to say other than it sucks why dont you make a thread of your own where you can bash it all you want, Im just trying to discuss the weekend's fights with other fans of the sport... lol but I guess there arent many here.

BTW: Can someone tell me what everyone has against this KTD guy? I honestly dont know but that name keeps coming up lol!

Hairyhandedgent 04-16-07 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invisiblekid09 (Post 1074805)
lol but I guess there arent many here.

because

Boxing < celebrity poker

PHANTOM21 04-17-07 10:38 AM

KTD<crap