News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-07, 02:08 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Students Arrested After Officer Poses As Student

Students Arrested After Officer Poses As Student

WINDER -- Eleven high school students are behind bars after a major undercover drug sting at their school.

Winder police say the students, ages 15 to 19, sold drugs to other students at Winder-Barrow High School.

The 11 students were arrested on campus Monday morning and they then being processed at the Barrow County Jail.

Police say instead of spending time in the classroom, they’ll be learning a hard lesson behind bars.

Looking out through the barbed wire of the Barrow County Jail, time is probably standing still for 11 Winder-Barrow County High School students that were arrested for selling drugs on campus.

“I don’t even know what to say about that. I’m astonished at that amount of people,” said parent Kelly Robertson.

“I know a lot of people who do drugs so I’m used to hearing it you know,” said student John Patton.

The undercover operation began 6 months ago when a Winder police officer was placed into the school as a student. He let it be know among students he was a drug user. Police say it didn’t take long before the arrested students tried to sell him various drugs.

“Some of the drugs we’ve uncovered were marijuana, methadone, Vicodin, Lortab, Xanex, Percoset and cocaine,” said Chief Stanley Rogers with the Winder Police Department.

“I’m was quite shocked at the kids involved. I love those kids, they are good kids. They made some tragic mistakes. I hope they will learn from these mistakes and turn their lives around at this early age,” said principal Rob Johnson.

Winder police say the students weren’t acting all together. Now they are trying to find the person or persons supplying the students with drugs.

“I do not want my child around it. I’m glad they caught them,” said parent Lillie Patton.

As a result of the arrests, the school system and Winder police plan to hold a town meeting during the first week of May.

The students’ bond hearings take place Tuesday morning at 8 a.m.

A total of 8 adult-aged students were arrested in the undercover effort, as were 3 juvenile students. All have been charged with drug-related offenses.

Police say all the students arrested are male.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/11588917/detail.html
Old 04-10-07, 02:17 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

You don't look too old to be a student here. Want some druuugs man?
Old 04-10-07, 03:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

down on Jump, 21 jump street!