News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-07, 03:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

NBA Leaguepass problem--any info??

Earlier this season I subscribed to leaguepass audio so I would at least have access to the PBP of games. Somewhat later I found that I also could access broadband video. Of course I thought there was something amiss, but I enjoyed the video beyond words. Naturally, everything always catches up to me and lately I cannot get access. I have a cable company that does not offer leaguepass (Charter), and i spent a half an hour on the phone confirming that. I did receive an email from NBA subscriptions stating that I did not have access despite my audio leaguepass. I would be very willing to subscribe if I could. Has anyone experienced this with audio LP, and has anyone subscribed to broadband video without being a cox, comcast, time-warner or dish user? Now that I have had a taste of this candy, it is REALLY hard giving it up.
Badgerland's #1 Spurs fan.

Still crazy after all these years.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-09-07, 03:31 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I have it on DirecTV, but not for computer.

Sith
Old 04-09-07, 04:20 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord View Post

Sith
Ya--I might have to change to satellite. But to have that llittle carrot dangled in front of you Some people watch the games via person-to-person internet, but my family is adamant that I not choose this route. Thanks, sith

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-09-07, 05:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

well, i know that it kinda sux since LP supercedes the sports package they offer, and thus, games are blacked out...but ultimately, I like it. But maybe its because I have been so desperate to see Spurs games in Dallas that I just did it.

Sith
Old 04-09-07, 06:29 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
League Pass is free on nba.com if you have league pass for directv.

All you need is your directv account number or username.

Here is the link: http://www.nba.com/nba_tv/league_pass.html
Old 04-10-07, 08:09 AM
SpursReport Team Member

f-in A I had no idea! Sweet. thanks.

Sith
Old 04-10-07, 01:39 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_Made View Post
League Pass is free on nba.com if you have league pass for directv.

All you need is your directv account number or username.

Here is the link: http://www.nba.com/nba_tv/league_pass.html
i assume this works with DishNetwork NBALP too? I had to ditch my cable co 2yrs ago because they didn't offer NBALP either. I went to Dish and have been there ever since. I record every game on DVR and usually watch them the same night, skipping thru the commercials and stuff. it cuts off at least an hour from each game and saves a ton of time.
Old 04-10-07, 02:38 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Yes, it works with Dish also. I actually gave the wrong link. This is the correct link.

http://www.nba.com/broadband/league_pass.jsp
Old 04-10-07, 04:07 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

also with time warner, you get league pass, u get it online too
Old 04-10-07, 04:30 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
also with time warner, you get league pass, u get it online too
I really do not like monopolies--In Madison, we have a choice of Charter for cable and Charter for cable. I am able to get audio LP, but the brief but wonderful access to broadband was cut off. There is no way that I can convince NBA people that since I don't have a complying cable company and did received the vid for awhile that I should be able to subscribe to the broadband. Mr cheese and I will have to do some math and decide if we want to switch to dish or direct for our TV services. I currently have TV and Internet bundled, and I do not want to change my internet. I have the hi-def package and I understand that satellite has more hi-def stuff available. Oh the dilemma! If I hadn't had my brief encounter with the vid, I would not have known what I would miss