News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-07, 05:50 PM
Mr. Brightside

grindhouse is the best movie ever

i highly suggest seeing it. it was freaking awesome.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-07-07, 06:10 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

It's got a girl with a freaking cannon leg.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-07-07, 06:23 PM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I haven't seen one Robert Rodriguez movie I liked other than the original El Mariachi.
he redeems himself doing planet terror.
Old 04-07-07, 10:52 PM
Mr. Brightside

indeed...that was quite *****in...it was a machine gun type thing...with somw sort of rocket launcher thing...sorry im not the gun expert.
Old 04-08-07, 12:22 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Machete was the best of the fake trailers. And Death Proof has the best car chase i've seen.
Old 04-08-07, 12:51 AM
SpursReport Rookie

If.
You.
Are.
Thinking.
About.
Seeing.
This.
Movie.
Alone.

DON'T!
Old 04-08-07, 11:34 AM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfor21 View Post
If.
You.
Are.
Thinking.
About.
Seeing.
This.
Movie.
Alone.

DON'T!

Don't.

omg the thanksgiving trailer ruled.
Old 04-08-07, 07:59 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Grindhouse is an incredible experience, and has to be watched in a theater. Terror Planet is non-stop action, and a lot of fun. Death Blow is very slow at first, but becomes great once Kurt Russell makes his entrance. Both movies are funny, disgusting, gory, and dirty, and completely unlike anything I've ever seen before. This is the best movie I've seen in a theater since Pulp Fiction, and it might have been even better. The movies were so good that I'm going back to see them again in a couple of hours. Maybe the only movie I've ever seen that had the entire audience as excited as Planet Terror was The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Just an all-around phenomenal double feature. Everyone else I've talked to who went to see it last night or Friday night also loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfor21 View Post
Machete was the best of the fake trailers. And Death Proof has the best car chase i've seen.
Where's my wife and daughter?
Old 04-08-07, 09:59 PM
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Its a M-16 with a M-203 grenade launcher.

Also, I've heard that Machete is going to be made into an actual movie.
wow...thank you for that. how u know that? idk
any proof about machete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantler View Post
Amazing. I walked out and said to my friend, "That was pretty f***ing spectacular." Death Proof was the better of the two IMO but both were pretty good. Werewolf Women of the SS I love Rob Zombie.
hells yeah it is!! thanksgiving should be made. that is a genius idea.
Old 04-08-07, 10:22 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseline bum View Post
Grindhouse is an incredible experience, and has to be watched in a theater. Terror Planet is non-stop action, and a lot of fun. Death Blow is very slow at first, but becomes great once Kurt Russell makes his entrance. Both movies are funny, disgusting, gory, and dirty, and completely unlike anything I've ever seen before. This is the best movie I've seen in a theater since Pulp Fiction, and it might have been even better. The movies were so good that I'm going back to see them again in a couple of hours. Maybe the only movie I've ever seen that had the entire audience as excited as Planet Terror was The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Just an all-around phenomenal double feature. Everyone else I've talked to who went to see it last night or Friday night also loved it.

Where's my wife and daughter?
They just F***ed with the wrong Mexican!
Old 04-09-07, 12:45 AM
SpursReport Team Member

great movie, Planet Terror is probably Rodriguez's best film since El Mariachi. As been stated, Death Proof has one of the best car scenes in movie history. The faux trailers are great, with Machete actually being greenlighted to be made as a direct to dvd movie.
Old 04-09-07, 01:04 AM
Mr. Brightside

sad news...it bombed...looks like most ppl arent ready for this type of movie
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.co...-ticket-sales/

u know the girl who was riding on the windshield is a real life stunt person, she played herself
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1057928/

cant wait for machete to come out.
Old 04-09-07, 01:39 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spUrpenguin3000 View Post
sad news...it bombed...looks like most ppl arent ready for this type of movie
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.co...-ticket-sales/

u know the girl who was riding on the windshield is a real life stunt person, she played herself
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1057928/

cant wait for machete to come out.
There are many reasons it flopped:
Too long
Too violent
Easter weekend(Family weekend)
Not shown as many times in a theatre as say Meet the Robinsons or Blades of Glory

Still doesn't change the fact it was a great movie and it's a shame more people didn't see it because it was a fun expierience. I guess we can oficially dub it a cult classic.
Old 04-09-07, 06:06 AM
SpursReport Team Member

'Grindhouse' Dilapidated Over Easter Weekend

Grindhouse had a fawning barrage of media hype behind it and a seemingly built-in audience primed for its brand of nihilistic thrills, but Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez' attempt to revive 1970s schlock was mostly ignored over Easter weekend.

Grindhouse only managed to pull in 11mil over the easter weekend

movie looks dumb....ill pass

Old 04-09-07, 08:03 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I'm jealous.

I spent the weekend with my wife and kids watching "Meet the Robinsons", which was right next door to Grindhouse.

After reading this I'm pissed.
Old 04-09-07, 11:42 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

That sucks that it did badly. It absolutely killed in the theater when I went Saturday and Sunday nights. The whole crowd was cheering like a bunch of kids at the end of each movie, both nights.

I think the advertising for it is badly done. I had no intention of seeing this movie based on the previews, but the word of mouth from people who went Friday night convinced me to give it a chance. Everyone I know who has gone to see these movies has been blown away by them.
Old 04-09-07, 04:09 PM
SpursReport Rookie

We might actually get to see the missing reels.
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.co...th-grindhouse/
Old 04-09-07, 04:53 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I loved (them), but my wife and I got into a HUGE fight after the movie. I told her not to come with me to see it, that it wasn't her kinda movie, but she insisted. Typically, she hated it and made a very derogatory remark about "men who liked that kinda movie". Man it was a doozy of a fight, luckily both of us still have all our teeth. I was, "Hey, I TOLD you not to come". Go figure. Anyways, I love them. "Death Proof" was great and was exactly like the old double feature grindhouse features, but "Planet Terror" was even better. I hope that Tarantino and Rodriguez were serious when they said that "Grindhouse" was just the beginning and more double features are planned. Fingers crossed.
Old 04-09-07, 06:32 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I absolutely loved it. I haven't had that much fun at a movie in a long time. Shame it didn't do so well this weekend. But I would definitely watch it again. I thought Planet Terror was the better of the two but I did love the ending to Death Proof. I liked how they made stuntman Mike appear to be cool and normal and then bam! It had an eerie feel to it.

Who the hell is this guy?
Stuntman Mike.
Who's stuntman Mike?
A stuntman

And the fake trailers were great. I couldn't stop cringing after the trampoline scene tho. Good movie. Check it out!
Old 04-10-07, 01:59 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I think more people will see it when the new issue of Rolling Stone magazine comes out. The cover alone makes me want to see it. It features Rose McGowan and Rosario Dawson. I'll let someone else find it and post it.
Old 04-10-07, 05:33 AM
Mr. Brightside

indeed...

.....I think I'll go see it again.
Old 04-10-07, 04:39 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Great movie! It reminded me of going to the Aztec Theater as a kid and watching exploitation double features. The Aztec Theater, now that was a Grindhouse!
Old 04-10-07, 05:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Horry View Post
Great movie! It reminded me of going to the Aztec Theater as a kid and watching exploitation double features. The Aztec Theater, now that was a Grindhouse!
Late in it's "career", nothing could touch the old "Texas" theater as SA's finest grindhouse.
Old 04-10-07, 09:36 PM
Mr. Brightside

u see what mcgowan wore to the screening? (i think it was that)...holy crap.
Old 04-10-07, 09:45 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Here are the trailers for Don't and Werewolf Women of the SS:
Don't- WWOTSS-