News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-07, 06:34 PM
MomBear

ANTIQUES ROADSHOW - 2007 San Antonio Tour Stop!

In its 11th season, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW proves it will go to any lengths — more than 5,000 miles, in fact — to discover America's hidden treasures. Journeying from its headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, last August, ROADSHOW was warmly welcomed to Honolulu, Hawaii, by eager Aloha State residents who'd waited ten years to proffer their prized possessions for an expert appraisal. The waiting is over, and four-time Emmy™ award-nominated ANTIQUES ROADSHOW starts its 11th season of weekly programs with three fascinating episodes from Honolulu, beginning Monday, January 1, 2007 at 8pm ET on PBS (check local listings).

Hosted by Mark L. Walberg, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW's 11th season lineup once again demonstrates that America is a land marked as much by transience as permanence. As ROADSHOW executive producer Marsha Bemko puts it, "Our possessions 'have feet.' We're just as likely to find 18th-century New England furniture in Mobile, Alabama, as we are in Boston."

ANTIQUES ROADSHOW's 2007 season features 18 brand new episodes taped at six far-flung locations during the summer of 2006. In addition, two special editions — "Unique Antiques" and "Jackpot!" — offer a fresh look at favorite ROADSHOW moments from earlier seasons.

January 2007 also marks the unveiling of a ROADSHOW Online exclusive: the long-awaited results of last year's ANTIQUES ROADSHOW "House Calls" Sweepstakes. Six lucky Sweepstakes winners, chosen at random from across the U.S., were visited in their homes by ROADSHOW experts eager to size up their treasures and by a camera crew ready to capture every revelation. The winners hail from West Bend, Wisconsin; Long Island, New York; Clarksdale, Mississippi; Aledo, Texas; Orangevale, California; and Hominy, Oklahoma.

See ANTIQUES ROADSHOW's Winter/Spring 2007 Broadcast Schedule now!

LINK

San Antonio, Texas
Tour Schedule | How the Events Work | Ticket Application

Date of Event:
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center (Map by MapQuest)
200 East Market Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
http://www.sanantonio.gov/convfac/HB...goverview.asp#

ANTIQUES ROADSHOW will be located in Exhibit Halls C and D. The drop-off area is located on Convention Way in front of the convention center.
Tickets: A random selection for free tickets will be conducted in May 2007. All tickets will be distributed in advance. Tickets will not be available at the event site.

What You Need to Know:

You must have a ticket to enter the event.

You may need to use stairs, an escalator, or an elevator to attend this event. Please plan accordingly.

Visit http://www.sanantonio.gov/convfac/general/parking.asp for parking information.
Concession stands will be open and refreshments will be available for purchase at the convention center.
Read more about how the event works.

Please note:
All ANTIQUES ROADSHOW appraisals are conducted inside the convention center. If you are approached outside the convention center by anyone offering to appraise or purchase your items, please be aware that these people have no affiliation with ANTIQUES ROADSHOW.

We do not sanction any solicitation, buying, or selling at any ANTIQUES ROADSHOW event. We ask that you alert an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW staff member or security officer if you are approached by anyone offering to buy or appraise your items.

Directions: (Map by MapQuest)

From the Airport:
Take Highway 281 South to the Durango exit. Exit on Durango and turn right on Durango to Alamo Street. Turn right on Alamo to Market Street. At Market Street turn right and proceed in front of the convention center left to Bowie Street. Turn right on Bowie Street for parking. Click on the Parking Information link for more information.

From Dallas / Austin (Traveling from the South):
Travel IH 35 South to San Antonio. IH 35 South intersects with IH 37 South to Corpus Christi. Take IH 37 South to the Durango exit. Exit on Durango and turn right on Durango to Alamo Street. Turn right on Alamo to Market Street. At Market Street turn right and proceed in front of the convention center to Bowie Street. Turn right on Bowie Street for parking. Click on the Parking Information link for more information.

From Houston (Traveling West):
Travel IH 10 West to San Antonio. IH 10 West intersects with IH 37 North toward Johnson City. Take IH 37 North to the Durango exit. Exit on Durango and turn left on Durango under the interstate to Alamo Street. Turn right on Alamo to Market Street. At Market Street turn right and proceed in front of the convention center to Bowie Street. Turn right on Bowie Street for parking. Click on the Parking Information link for more information.

From Corpus Christi (Traveling North):
Travel IH 37 North toward San Antonio to the Durango exit. Exit on Durango and turn left on Durango under the interstate to Alamo Street. Turn right on Alamo to Market Street. At Market Street turn right and proceed in front of the convention center to Bowie Street. Turn right on Bowie Street for parking. Click on the Parking Information link for more information.

From El Paso (Traveling East):
Travel IH 10 East toward San Antonio. IH 10 East intersects with IH 35 South toward Laredo. Take IH 35 South to the Durango exit. Exit on Durango, keep right for 3/4 of a circle and proceed under the interstate past six traffic signals to Alamo Street. Turn left on Alamo Street to Market Street. At Market Street turn right and proceed in front of the convention center to Bowie Street. Turn right on Bowie Street for parking. Click on the Parking Information link for more information.
Local PBS Station:

Watch ANTIQUES ROADSHOW Mondays at 7PM on KLRN.

LINK
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-08-07, 02:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

We love this show, and we're frequently amazed at the valuations. Most shocking to me have been some of the Native American items and the nearly modern pottery. Who has that kind of money?
Old 04-09-07, 10:56 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

its fun to try to guess the estimate. Like tbnl mentioned its cool to see their reactions from real low to the extreme high. I remember watching an episode the guy had an entrance table from colonial america and they estimated it at $200,000.00!

REMEMBER: if you have a true antique, to keep its value don't try to restore it. I don't know how many times the value would have been higher if it wasn't restored.
Old 04-09-07, 11:15 AM
SpursReport Mod Geezer

my wife said she's taking me in to get me appraised since I am
an ANTIQUE then she thought about it and added.....

.....but I guess there's no value in somehting that's probably more like junk than an antique.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!