1. Remove a broken key from a lock.
Put some super glue on broken off part, insert, hold a few seconds and pull.
2. Remove a broken light bulb.
Stick a bar of soap into jagged edges, use soap as handle.
3. Remove a stubborn screw.
Heat with a soldering iron for a few seconds first.
4. Protect children from sockets.
Keep a piece of electrical tape over them when not in use.
5. Good glass door safety tip.
Put a BIG decal on the glass and patio doors.
6. Keep nails from splitting wood.
Blunt sharp end of nail before you use by hitting with hammer.
7. Repair small holes in screen.
Plug holes with clear nail polish, let dry, repeat until filled.
8. Straighten warped phono records.
Place record between two sheets of glass, let sit in sun for a while.
9. Best way to clean phono records.
Dip in solution of detergent and water, rinse and wipe dry.
10. Make your own fireplace logs.
Roll newspapers up tightly in shape of logs.
11. How to remove oil from a driveway.
Cover with sand let stand for a few days, then sweep off.
12. Keep fish hooks from rusting.
Stick them in a cork and submerge in some baking soda.
13. Make sandpaper last longer.
Back sandpaper with masking tape.
14. How to revive old razor blades.
Rub them back and forth inside a drinking glass.
15. Remove road tar from cars.
Sodium bicarbonate on a damp cloth.
16. Remove labels from bottles and jars.
17. Cut glass without a glass cutter.
Use tin snips and cut under water, smooth rough edges off with knife blade.
18. Easy to unglue stamps and envelopes.
Put in freezer for a few hours then flip off with knife blade.
19. Get water out of your watch.
Strap watch to light bulb, turn on for a few minutes. Water drops will form
on glass. Open up and wipe off.
20. Prevent snow sticking to shovel.
Coat shovel with car wax.
21. Tighten your hammer handle.
Soak in used engine oil for a day.
22. Low cost laminating -EASY.
Cover article with clear contact (cling film) paper.
23. Open that stuck zip.
Spray the stuck zip with shaving foam.
24. Remove paint from auto.
The product to clean paint from your car is Benzol.
25. Increase your petrol mileage.
Put 4oz of benzol to each ten gallons of petrol to increase mpg.
26. How to renew car batteries.
Dissolve 1oz of epsom salts in warm water and add to each cell.
27. Easily untie a knot in a chain.
cover the knot generously with cold cream.
28. Loosen those tight shoes.
Wad some damp newspapers into shoes and leave for a few days.
29. Make shoes slip proof.
Take scissors and scratch crisscrosses on the soles.
30. The ideal pin cushion.
Use a bar of soap, makes sewing easier, needle just slides through.
31. Make your own metal polisher.
Take blackboard chalk and rub into cloth, then rub on metal.
32. Good dog and cat repellent.
Place mothballs in areas. They will avoid it. Animals hate mothball odour.
33. When your pet has no appetite.
Try a saucer of beer. It.s known to perk up the appetite.
34. Easy to rid pets of fleas.
Put a foam rubber bed in the pet.s bed - fleas hate it.
35. Quick ways to press ties.
Hang in bath while you take a shower - steam takes wrinkles out.
36. How to remove staples.
An old nail clipper works fine for removing staples.
37. Eliminate odours from disposal.
Throw a lemon in it and let it be ground up.
38. Keep salt moisture free.
Put pieces of blotting paper in shaker. It will absorb moisture.
39. Simple eye glass cleaner.
Vinegar diluted in water makes fine eyeglass cleaner.
40. Easy clean glass doors and mirrors.
Just rub with damp newspaper - they will shine.
41. Easily reduce ashtray smell.
Keep a small amount of baking soda in ashtrays at all times.
42. Messless painting from a bucket.
Punch several holes around rim of can with small nail.
43. Take lumps out of paint.
Cut a piece of screen to fit inside of can or bucket, it will float to bottom
taking lumps with it.
44. Keep bugs out of paint.
Pour a little insect repellent into the can - it does the trick.
45. Prevent flowers from fading.
Use a few drops of chlorine bleach in water, add an aspirin for life.
46. A simple roach formula - IT WORKS!
Crumble cigarette butts in water, let dry then spread in roach areas.
47. Save painting clean up time.
Cover roller tray with aluminium foil then just throw away.
48. A novel paint can cover.
Use plastic lid from a coffee can.
49. Keep piano keys looking new.
Keep cover open, ivory turns dark if exposed to darkness.
50. How to remove grease from rugs.
Pour ample amount of baking soda on it, brush in, let stand for a day and vacuum off.
51. Destroy desire for nicotine.
Take before breakfast, a half teaspoon of rochelle salts and cream of tartar.
52. Destroy desire for alcohol.
Mix goldthread with gold seal in a tea. It creates a violent taste for alcohol.
53. Excellent insomnia formula.
One tbs powdered milk, 2 tbs honey, 1 tbs brewers yeast, stir into cup of warm milk
and take before retiring.
54. Famous diet formula plan.
Mix 1 tbs safflower oil to 2 tbs grapefruit juice, take before meals.
55. The $25 beauty facial.
Spread milk of magnesia over face, let dry, cover again, let dry, remove with damp
cloth, then apply some warm olive oil, then apply some ice cold witch hazel.
56. How to improve your IQ.
Hydrocotyle asiatica teas are a noted brain food.
57. Make pantyhose last longer.
One tbs alum, 1 quart water, rinse, let dry, then wash with soap, rinse and dry.
58. Remove blood stains from carpet.
Sponge immediately with cold water, then use a bit of soap, rinse and dry.
59. Make your guitar really shine.
Rub some toothpaste on, let dry then buff it. It will shine!
60. Keep a burn from blistering.
Apply ice cubes to the burn immediately.
61. Remove ink stains from carpet.
Apply a paste of milk and cornstarch, let stand a few hours and brush off.
62. Dry shampoo your pet.
Rub baking soda into fur and brush out. Will smell great.
63. Put a shine on your windows.
Brush with nylon stocking, use blackboard eraser to shine.
64. Unwrinkling plastic materials.
Heat ironing board with iron, lay materials on, smooth with hands.
65. Easy needle threading.
Dip tip of needle into clear nail polish and let dry.
66. How to clean your ties.
Put tie in jar with some carbon tetrachloride, shake, take out and let dry.
67. Easy clean your nail file.
Press apiece of tape onto file, pull off. Removes all dirt.
68. How to remove scorches.
Wet scorched area and cover with cornstarch, brush off when dry.
69. What to do if you oversalt food.
Drop a potato or two into it. Absorbs the oversalt.
70. Watermelon ripeness test.
Look for a creamy surface underneath the melon.
71. How to freshen stale nuts.
Stick them in the oven for 15 minutes at 250 degrees.
72. How to destroy fish smells.
Rub butter on your hands or wherever smell is to be removed.
73. How to destroy onion smells.
Dampen hands and rub bicarbonate of soda over them.
74. Keep and use overripe bananas.
Mash and freeze for making cakes and biscuits.
75. How to boil a cracked egg.
Add a dash of vinegar to the water.
76. How to make mocha coffee.
Instead of milk or cream try some chocolate milk.
77. Easy boiled egg peeling.
Keep lid on for a few minutes after boiling, pressure causes shell to fall off.
78. Eliminate popcorn duds -fast.
Freeze it first then it will all pop.
79. Easy clean kitchen windows.
Add starch to water and clean with a piece of newspaper.
80. Easy clean silverware - the best.
Use baking soda and damp cloth, clean, rinse and let dry.
81. Vegetable for liver and prostrate.
82. Fruit soothes intestinal tract.
83. A fruit for arthritic gout.
84. An appetiser fruit - GOOD
85. Fruit for stomach.
86. A fruit for constipation.
87. A fruit high in iron.
88. Fruit for neutralising acid.
89. A fruit healthful for kidneys.
90. A fruit fine for the nerves.
91. Two fruits thought anti-tobacco.
Apples and grapes eaten raw.
92. A fruit thought anti-cancer.
93. Vegetable good for the kidneys.
94. Vegetable that.s antibiotic.
95. Fruit to tune blood vessels.
96. Vegetable for fresh breath.
97. Ingredient good for the heart.
98. A vegetable good for the eyes.
99. A good source of iodine.
100. A vegetable with high vitamin C .
101. How to shine your refrigerator.
Use bicarbonate of soda on a wet sponge.
102. How to remove a hot cake pan.
Use clothes pins.
103. Keep windshields frost free.
Apply solution 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water over windshield.
104. Make dry cell batteries last longer.
Seal in plastic bags, wrap in aluminium foil, keep in refrigerator.
105. Remove wax from candle holders.
Freeze holders in refrigerator and it will just peel off.
106. Prevent kitchen stools from slipping.
Put rubber tips from crutches on bottom of legs.
107. Rid scratches from plastic watches.
Use cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover, rub over face, scratch disappears.
108. Excellent lubricant for appliances.
Put a drop of glycerine in gears - makes an excellent lubricant!
109. Keep garbage bags from slipping.
Use 3 or 4 clothes pins, keeps them from slipping.
110. How to clean glassware.
Clean with stale tea. If they spot, soak in buttermilk, let dry and wipe off.
111. How to clean carved furniture.
Use an old tooth brush to clean then use furniture polish on brush.
112. Remove ink from varnished furniture.
Rub with soft cloth filled with equal parts vinegar and linseed oil.
113. Remove mildew smell from luggage.
Put a bar of soap in luggage before storing.
114. Remove smoke, grease from woodwork.
Paint wood with solution of starch and water, when dry rub off.
115. Really shine your kitchen floor.
Add some sour milk to your rinse water, it will shine!
116. How to clean rust from chrome.
Rub it with aluminium foil.
117. How to really clean enamel.
Use a paste of salt and vinegar then wipe off.
118. Remove shoe polish from clothing.
Use carbon tetrachloride or rubbing alcohol.
119. Remove cigarette stains from china.
Rub it with a cork that has been dipped in salt.
120. Make your own ink eradicator.
Mix one part liquid bleach to ten parts water. Works great!
121. Make your appliances really shine.
Rub them over with rubbing alcohol, they will stay shining.
122. Remove stains from coffee cups.
Rub with salt and vinegar.
123. Make your own furniture polish.
Use two parts olive oil to one part vinegar. Have it warm while using.
124. Make your own silver polish,
Tooth paste or baking soda makes an excellent silver polish.
125. A really good copper cleaner.
Use a paste of salt and vinegar.
126. To clean your diamond rings.
Use toothpaste with an old tooth brush, rub rinse and let dry.
127. Clean tarnished gold and silver.
Rub with paste of water and baking soda, rinse and let dry.
128. How to make good jewellery cleaner.
Clean with a solution of one teaspoon ammonia and one cup of water.
129. Reset stone in your jewellery.
Put clear nail varnish in the base, set the stone in and let dry.
130. Prevent costume jewellery from tarnishing.
Put a thin coat of transparent nail polish over it.
131. Good cleaning aid for dishwashers.
Add some vinegar to the dishwasher.
132. Cure scratches on your furniture.
Use machine oil or some colour shoe polish.
133. Make a good fingernail brush.
Cut down the bristles of an old tooth brush.
134. Food for the whole litter (HOW).
Use a muffin pan so the runts can have some.
135. Lengthen life of wooden clothespins.
Boil then in salt solution.
136. Make a neat string dispenser.
Nail a funnel to wall and pull string out of bottom of funnel.
137. Tips on storing plastic curtains.
Sprinkle talcum powder between the layers as you go.
138. Basting made real easy (NEAT!).
Just tape and sew around the pieces of tape.
139. How to revive old clothing.
Shave those little fluffs off with a safety razor.
140. Make an emergency clothes brush.
Wrap a piece of tape around the hand, sticky side out.
141. Stop clothes catching on hangers.
Put a coat of clear nail polish over splinters and rough edges.
142. A needle sharpening pin cushion.
Use a steel wool to fill your cushion, keeps needles sharp.
143. Make a good yarn preserver.
Wrap yarn around a moth ball for storage.
144. Handy tips on cutting fur.
Use a razor blade on back of fur when cutting, you won.t cut any hair.
145. Tips on sewing slippery material.
Stick a piece of waxed paper in seam, pull away when finished.
146. Easy pick up of needle spills.
Use a small magnet to pick up any needle spill.
147. Excellent knitting tips.
Keep ball of yarn in nylon stocking, will flow out free of tangles.
148. How to get rid of shiny trousers.
Make a solution of 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water, soak a cloth in it, wring out
cloth put over trousers and press slightly.
149. When you need heavy duty thread.
Use dental floss.
150. Make a handy tape measure.
Just put tape around an old adhesive tape spool.
151. Prevent nylon from yellowing.
Add some baking soda to wash and rinse water.
152. Make a perfect sock darner.
Pull socks over a light bulb, makes it easy.
153. How to restore velvet like new.
Brush good and then hang in steamy bathroom.
154. Get rid of knots on sweaters.
Just rub a piece of sandpaper over sweater.
155. How to remove lint from wool.
Use a damp sponge and touch lightly.
156. Caring for leather upholstery.
Brush with skim milk every three months.
157. Repair scuffed patent leather.
Cover with same colour polish, let dry then cover with clear nail polish.
158. Prevent patent leather cracking.
Before each wearing, rub briskly with your hand, then a soft cloth.
159. Repair scuffed baby shoes.
Rub shoe with white of an egg.
160. Tips on buying shoes
Buy shoes in afternoon, feet tend to swell in the morning.
161. What to do when shoes get stiff
Cut a raw potato and rub all over. They will come back to life.
162. Black suede shoes last longer.
Wash with warm water then rub castor oil into leather.
163. How to soften leather shoes.
Sponge with black coffee.
164. Remove salt rings from shoes.
Brush with solution of vinegar and water.
165. Keep vegetables green while cooking.
Lift the lid of the cooking vessel from time to time while cooking.
166. Get juice from dried up lemon.
Boil it for a few minutes.
167. Quick onion rings.
Onions slice more easily, if you leave skins on while slicing.
168. How to kill taste of olive oil.
Add a touch of salt.
169. Good bread crumb substitute.
Potato chips, corn chips or pretzels.
170. How to keep your berries fresh.
Don.t wash until ready to use and keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
171. How to cut a soft pie.
Use a buttered knife to cut through a soft pie.
172. How to cut a frosted cake.
Rinse knife in hot water first each time you cut a slice.
173. How to make fluffy egg omelette.
Add a teaspoon of corn starch when mixing eggs.
174. Keep dressing from going rancid.
Put a spoon of sugar in it.
175. How to stop cabbage odours.
Throw a couple of walnut kernels in pot while cooking.
176. When you need soft butter quick..
If your butter is frozen, grate it, it.s the same as soft butter.
177. How to keep cauliflower white.
Pour a little milk in the water when boiling cauliflower.
178. When is the omelette done.
When you press it lightly and it springs back.
179. Keep milk from scorching.
Add a pinch of sugar while cooking and do not stir.
180. Cheese cutting tips.
A dull knife is more successful than a sharp one.
181. When you need an extra egg.
When you need an extra egg for a recipe add a little corn starch.
182. Peel onions without tears.
Let water run over them while peeling.
183. The proper way to ripen fruit.
Keep it out in open at room temperature.
184. How to pick fresh eggs.
Old eggs are shin, fresh eggs are rough and have bumps.
185. How to cut acidity in coffee.
Add a pinch of salt.
186. Good refrigerator deodoriser.
Keep an open box of baking soda in it at all times.
187. What to do about grease spills.
Pour ice water over it, it will lift off before it can soak in.
188. Make a good egg separator.
Crack egg, put in small funnel, white will come through separated from yoke.
189. Reduce wilting of root vegetables.
Cut off the tops as soon as you get them.
190. Keep vegetables fresh longer.
Put paper towels in bottom of bin. It will absorb moisture which causes decay.
191. How to keep meat fresh looking.
Cover the cut side with leaves of lettuce.
192. How to perk up wilted lettuce.
Soak in cold water with a dash of lemon juice, cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
193. Make frozen vegetables fresh.
Pour boiling water over them. Restores fresh taste.
194. The best way to slice onions.
Freezing them first.
195. Keep beets and cabbage red.
Add lemon juice or vinegar to the water.
196. Keep potatoes from sprouting.
Store apples with them.
197. Get rid of cooking odours.
Boil hand full of cloves in water for 30 minutes. All odours will disappear.
198. Truss poultry so it will stay.
Use dental floss, it will not burn.
199. Tell when custard is done.
Stick knife into custard, if it comes out clean, it is done
200. Tips for cutting hot cake.
Use a thread, hold both ends tightly and lower through slowly.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|