News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 03-31-07, 10:40 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

No, I'm NOT In Argentina

So I'm sitting at the gate, 5 minutes before I board, and Brazil's air traffic controllers go on strike. Since my flight flies through Brazilian airspace, its cancelled.

So after trying to clear things up and get info from the airport all night, I finally got to my car and drove home to Longview, just got back this morning. There is another flight scheduled to leave Sunday night, but unless the strike is over by then, it will likely be cancelled also. So at this point there's no telling when or if I'll make it to B.A. this week. I'm going to keep trying to get a flight as late into the week as possible.

Maybe some government intervention will get some controllers to work in time for Sunday night. American Airlines can't reroute their flightpath from DFW over any other countries to get to B.A. Some flights from San Francisco go down through Chile and cut across, but there are no seats available.

I'm going to try to get reimbursed for as much of my hotel reservation that I will miss as possible, although technically my trip is non-refundable.

How disappointing I'm very upset.

I'll keep you posted, I guess.

$
Old 03-31-07, 10:56 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Why, oh why couldn't I be stuck IN Argentina?

$
Old 03-31-07, 11:13 AM

I am so sorry to hear.
That really is terrible. Of all times!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-31-07, 01:26 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Apparently the strike is over, so barring a reinsurgence, I should make it out of here Sunday night.

$
Old 03-31-07, 01:28 PM

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-31-07, 02:04 PM
MomBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing View Post
So I'm sitting at the gate, 5 minutes before I board, and Brazil's air traffic controllers go on strike. Since my flight flies through Brazilian airspace, its cancelled.

So after trying to clear things up and get info from the airport all night, I finally got to my car and drove home to Longview, just got back this morning. There is another flight scheduled to leave Sunday night, but unless the strike is over by then, it will likely be cancelled also. So at this point there's no telling when or if I'll make it to B.A. this week. I'm going to keep trying to get a flight as late into the week as possible.

Maybe some government intervention will get some controllers to work in time for Sunday night. American Airlines can't reroute their flightpath from DFW over any other countries to get to B.A. Some flights from San Francisco go down through Chile and cut across, but there are no seats available.

I'm going to try to get reimbursed for as much of my hotel reservation that I will miss as possible, although technically my trip is non-refundable.

How disappointing I'm very upset.

I'll keep you posted, I guess.

$
awww poor money... cant Athenea come pick you up?

call her..
Old 03-31-07, 04:47 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I know I know! I can't find any airplanes in the US that want to fly to your country!

$
Old 03-31-07, 07:16 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Bonne chance, Money, and bon voyage!
Old 03-31-07, 11:59 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

aw, Money--I hope you get down there soon. I am sure we all feel bad as I also do. Let us know when you arrive! cheese
Badgerland's #1 Spurs fan.

Still crazy after all these years.
Old 04-01-07, 12:52 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

If you have the time to stay a little longer ask them if you can extend your stay for the two days you missed. As if the bad weather in DFW were not enough then for something like this to happen. I spent all day Friday dealing with cancelled flights but didn't get one on this.
Old 04-01-07, 12:19 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

The first flight I could get was for tonight. I've just confirmed my booking, and I'm about to drive to Dallas now. I should be in BA tomorrow morning.

I'm just pissed that I lost a whole weekend of vacation

$
Old 04-01-07, 04:06 PM
MomBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing View Post
The first flight I could get was for tonight. I've just confirmed my booking, and I'm about to drive to Dallas now. I should be in BA tomorrow morning.

I'm just pissed that I lost a whole weekend of vacation

$
You should have come down here...
Old 04-02-07, 09:39 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

that does blow.