SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   The Cantina (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/cantina/)
-   -   No, I'm NOT In Argentina (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/cantina/64459-no-im-not-argentina.html)

Money4Nothing 03-31-07 09:40 AM

No, I'm NOT In Argentina

:pissed So I'm sitting at the gate, 5 minutes before I board, and Brazil's air traffic controllers go on strike. Since my flight flies through Brazilian airspace, its cancelled. :banghead

So after trying to clear things up and get info from the airport all night, I finally got to my car and drove home to Longview, just got back this morning. There is another flight scheduled to leave Sunday night, but unless the strike is over by then, it will likely be cancelled also. So at this point there's no telling when or if I'll make it to B.A. this week. I'm going to keep trying to get a flight as late into the week as possible.

Maybe some government intervention will get some controllers to work in time for Sunday night. American Airlines can't reroute their flightpath from DFW over any other countries to get to B.A. Some flights from San Francisco go down through Chile and cut across, but there are no seats available.

I'm going to try to get reimbursed for as much of my hotel reservation that I will miss as possible, although technically my trip is non-refundable.

How disappointing :cry :cry I'm very upset. :smash

I'll keep you posted, I guess.

$

Money4Nothing 03-31-07 09:56 AM

Why, oh why couldn't I be stuck IN Argentina? :cry

$

TexasPandaMama 03-31-07 10:13 AM

I am so sorry to hear.
That really is terrible. Of all times!

Money4Nothing 03-31-07 12:26 PM

Apparently the strike is over, so barring a reinsurgence, I should make it out of here Sunday night.

$

TexasPandaMama 03-31-07 12:28 PM

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you!!

MomBear 03-31-07 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Money4Nothing (Post 1065103)
:pissed So I'm sitting at the gate, 5 minutes before I board, and Brazil's air traffic controllers go on strike. Since my flight flies through Brazilian airspace, its cancelled. :banghead

So after trying to clear things up and get info from the airport all night, I finally got to my car and drove home to Longview, just got back this morning. There is another flight scheduled to leave Sunday night, but unless the strike is over by then, it will likely be cancelled also. So at this point there's no telling when or if I'll make it to B.A. this week. I'm going to keep trying to get a flight as late into the week as possible.

Maybe some government intervention will get some controllers to work in time for Sunday night. American Airlines can't reroute their flightpath from DFW over any other countries to get to B.A. Some flights from San Francisco go down through Chile and cut across, but there are no seats available.

I'm going to try to get reimbursed for as much of my hotel reservation that I will miss as possible, although technically my trip is non-refundable.

How disappointing :cry :cry I'm very upset. :smash

I'll keep you posted, I guess.

$

awww poor money... :( cant Athenea come pick you up? :shrug

call her.. :D

Money4Nothing 03-31-07 03:47 PM

I know I know! I can't find any airplanes in the US that want to fly to your country! :D :pissed

$

shelden 03-31-07 06:16 PM

Bonne chance, Money, and bon voyage!

cheesehead4spurs 03-31-07 10:59 PM

aw, Money--I hope you get down there soon. I am sure we all feel bad as I also do. Let us know when you arrive! cheese

Jules 03-31-07 11:52 PM

If you have the time to stay a little longer ask them if you can extend your stay for the two days you missed. As if the bad weather in DFW were not enough then for something like this to happen. I spent all day Friday dealing with cancelled flights but didn't get one on this.

Money4Nothing 04-01-07 11:19 AM

The first flight I could get was for tonight. I've just confirmed my booking, and I'm about to drive to Dallas now. I should be in BA tomorrow morning.

I'm just pissed that I lost a whole weekend of vacation :(

$

MomBear 04-01-07 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Money4Nothing (Post 1065382)
The first flight I could get was for tonight. I've just confirmed my booking, and I'm about to drive to Dallas now. I should be in BA tomorrow morning.

I'm just pissed that I lost a whole weekend of vacation :(

$

You should have come down here... :D

necron 99 04-02-07 08:39 AM

that does blow.