News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-12-07, 11:46 AM
spurssheriff's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 5,911
Fox News Lies captured on screen

http://noquarter.typepad.com/my_webl...ws_crazy_.html
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-12-07, 12:48 PM
Spurfan15's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 830

I try to be as unprejudiced as I can in analyzing this sort of thing, but obviously it isn't possible to be completely so. I can say though, I used to watch lots of network news... basically bits and pieces from most of the major cable news networks (CNN, MSNBC, Fox News), and 1) They have all gone way downhill. I find most cable news programs today disgraceful journalism that is designed to be flashy and entertaining more than anything else. But 2) Fox News is unmatched as the worst news network in regards to quality of reporting and journalism. They often blow past the level of unprofessional into the "I cannot believe I just saw that" stage. It is 100% sensational, highly partisan, polarizing news... and I simply cannot stomach it. I like BBC, and Jim Leher, and thats about it. US based cable news is in the toilet and Fox News is leading the way.
__________________

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me" -David Hasselhoff
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-12-07, 12:59 PM
TexasNative's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Just outside LaGrange. A haw haw haw haw.
Posts: 4,327

How do we know those pictures weren't Photoshopped?

I'm not defending Fox. Just raising a valid question.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-12-07, 01:52 PM
spurssheriff's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 5,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNative View Post
How do we know those pictures weren't Photoshopped?

I'm not defending Fox. Just raising a valid question.
Did you read the article or just look at the pictures?
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-12-07, 02:10 PM
cheesehead4spurs's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Madison, WI--77 square miles surrounded by reality
Posts: 3,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurfan15 View Post
I try to be as unprejudiced as I can in analyzing this sort of thing, but obviously it isn't possible to be completely so. I can say though, I used to watch lots of network news... basically bits and pieces from most of the major cable news networks (CNN, MSNBC, Fox News), and 1) They have all gone way downhill. I find most cable news programs today disgraceful journalism that is designed to be flashy and entertaining more than anything else. But 2) Fox News is unmatched as the worst news network in regards to quality of reporting and journalism. They often blow past the level of unprofessional into the "I cannot believe I just saw that" stage. It is 100% sensational, highly partisan, polarizing news... and I simply cannot stomach it. I like BBC, and Jim Leher, and thats about it. US based cable news is in the toilet and Fox News is leading the way.
I have to agree. I usually turn to Headline News after coming home from work at night--now all they have is that witch Nancy Grace, and a useless entertainment show. I was very unhappy when they changed their format, but so many people crave sensationalism, sad to say, and the channels are happily giving in to those cravings. It is hard to find good, solid journalism.
__________________
Badgerland's #1 Spurs fan.

Still crazy after all these years.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-12-07, 02:37 PM
TexasNative's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Just outside LaGrange. A haw haw haw haw.
Posts: 4,327

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurssheriff View Post
Did you read the article or just look at the pictures?
I read it. Still, who knows how valid this stuff is. Now if it was Playboy, I would have only looked at the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead4spur View Post
It is hard to find good, solid journalism.
I caught Bill Maher's show on HBO a couple of weeks ago. He had a bit on there about the news networks covering Anna Nichole over Iraq. He basically said "that isn't news." Hard to argue that. And speaking of Maher, I wish someone would tell him he's not a comedian or funny anymore. He just complains about everything. If I want to listen to whining I can listen to my kids.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-12-07, 02:51 PM
crospur's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 2,031

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNative View Post
I caught Bill Maher's show on HBO a couple of weeks ago. He had a bit on there about the news networks covering Anna Nichole over Iraq. He basically said "that isn't news." Hard to argue that.
Obviously, I don't get or watch that much of US media, but I was amazed how much time Larry King dedicated on Anna Nicole Smith's death and the whole circus around it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-12-07, 03:27 PM
cheesehead4spurs's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Madison, WI--77 square miles surrounded by reality
Posts: 3,276

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNative View Post
I read it. Still, who knows how valid this stuff is. Now if it was Playboy, I would have only looked at the pictures.



I caught Bill Maher's show on HBO a couple of weeks ago. He had a bit on there about the news networks covering Anna Nichole over Iraq. He basically said "that isn't news." Hard to argue that. And speaking of Maher, I wish someone would tell him he's not a comedian or funny anymore. He just complains about everything. If I want to listen to whining I can listen to my kids.
I think the hullabaloo about Smith is a sad commentary on us, and our priorities. I do catch Maher every now and again and there is a little "left of center" part of me that enjoys his barbs. But I cannot deny that he crosses the line at times. I will not listen to Coulter, however, because I become so angry and that is not good for my psyche. She is not worth my time or emotion.
__________________
Badgerland's #1 Spurs fan.

Still crazy after all these years.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0