Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-07, 11:46 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Fox News Lies captured on screen

http://noquarter.typepad.com/my_webl...ws_crazy_.html
Old 03-12-07, 12:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I try to be as unprejudiced as I can in analyzing this sort of thing, but obviously it isn't possible to be completely so. I can say though, I used to watch lots of network news... basically bits and pieces from most of the major cable news networks (CNN, MSNBC, Fox News), and 1) They have all gone way downhill. I find most cable news programs today disgraceful journalism that is designed to be flashy and entertaining more than anything else. But 2) Fox News is unmatched as the worst news network in regards to quality of reporting and journalism. They often blow past the level of unprofessional into the "I cannot believe I just saw that" stage. It is 100% sensational, highly partisan, polarizing news... and I simply cannot stomach it. I like BBC, and Jim Leher, and thats about it. US based cable news is in the toilet and Fox News is leading the way.

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me" -David Hasselhoff
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-12-07, 12:59 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

How do we know those pictures weren't Photoshopped?

I'm not defending Fox. Just raising a valid question.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-12-07, 01:52 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNative View Post
How do we know those pictures weren't Photoshopped?

I'm not defending Fox. Just raising a valid question.
Did you read the article or just look at the pictures?
Old 03-12-07, 02:10 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurfan15 View Post
I try to be as unprejudiced as I can in analyzing this sort of thing, but obviously it isn't possible to be completely so. I can say though, I used to watch lots of network news... basically bits and pieces from most of the major cable news networks (CNN, MSNBC, Fox News), and 1) They have all gone way downhill. I find most cable news programs today disgraceful journalism that is designed to be flashy and entertaining more than anything else. But 2) Fox News is unmatched as the worst news network in regards to quality of reporting and journalism. They often blow past the level of unprofessional into the "I cannot believe I just saw that" stage. It is 100% sensational, highly partisan, polarizing news... and I simply cannot stomach it. I like BBC, and Jim Leher, and thats about it. US based cable news is in the toilet and Fox News is leading the way.
I have to agree. I usually turn to Headline News after coming home from work at night--now all they have is that witch Nancy Grace, and a useless entertainment show. I was very unhappy when they changed their format, but so many people crave sensationalism, sad to say, and the channels are happily giving in to those cravings. It is hard to find good, solid journalism.
Badgerland's #1 Spurs fan.

Still crazy after all these years.
Old 03-12-07, 02:37 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurssheriff View Post
Did you read the article or just look at the pictures?
I read it. Still, who knows how valid this stuff is. Now if it was Playboy, I would have only looked at the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead4spur View Post
It is hard to find good, solid journalism.
I caught Bill Maher's show on HBO a couple of weeks ago. He had a bit on there about the news networks covering Anna Nichole over Iraq. He basically said "that isn't news." Hard to argue that. And speaking of Maher, I wish someone would tell him he's not a comedian or funny anymore. He just complains about everything. If I want to listen to whining I can listen to my kids.
Old 03-12-07, 02:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
I caught Bill Maher's show on HBO a couple of weeks ago. He had a bit on there about the news networks covering Anna Nichole over Iraq. He basically said "that isn't news." Hard to argue that.
Obviously, I don't get or watch that much of US media, but I was amazed how much time Larry King dedicated on Anna Nicole Smith's death and the whole circus around it.
Old 03-12-07, 03:27 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
I read it. Still, who knows how valid this stuff is. Now if it was Playboy, I would have only looked at the pictures.

I caught Bill Maher's show on HBO a couple of weeks ago. He had a bit on there about the news networks covering Anna Nichole over Iraq. He basically said "that isn't news." Hard to argue that. And speaking of Maher, I wish someone would tell him he's not a comedian or funny anymore. He just complains about everything. If I want to listen to whining I can listen to my kids.
I think the hullabaloo about Smith is a sad commentary on us, and our priorities. I do catch Maher every now and again and there is a little "left of center" part of me that enjoys his barbs. But I cannot deny that he crosses the line at times. I will not listen to Coulter, however, because I become so angry and that is not good for my psyche. She is not worth my time or emotion.
Badgerland's #1 Spurs fan.

Still crazy after all these years.