LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-07, 07:59 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

The lead singer for Boston, found dead-Update: Family-Delp's death was suicide

Boston frontman Delp dies at 55
Police call death ‘untimely’; band's '70s hits included ‘More Than a Feeling’

The Associated Press
Updated: 6:02 p.m. CT March 9, 2007

ATKINSON, N.H. - Brad Delp, the lead singer for Boston, a huge rock sensation in the 1970s, was found dead Friday in his home, police said. He was 55.

Atkinson police responded to a call for help at 1:20 p.m. and found Delp dead. Police Lt. William Baldwin said in a statement the death was “untimely” and that there was no indication of foul play.

Delp apparently was alone at the time of his death, Baldwin said.

The cause of his death remained under investigation by the Atkinson police and the New Hampshire Medical Examiner’s office. Police said an incident report would not be available until Monday.

Boston rose to fame in the late 1970s and had several hits, including “More Than a Feeling.” The group sold millions of records.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17543043/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-09-07, 08:06 PM
SpursReport Team Member

R.I.P. Brad

[YOUTUBE]UFwIgbyrNhw[/YOUTUBE]

I saw alot of concerts in my day and without doubt the loudest ever was Boston at the Special Events Center in Austin in the spring of 1979
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-09-07, 09:30 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

http://www.bandboston.com/
Old 03-12-07, 03:34 PM

Poor Guy. My dad told me about his death. That night i played "more than a feeling" on guitar hero RIP Mr. Delp

Old 03-14-07, 09:30 PM
MomBear

Family: Delp's death was suicide

By KATHARINE WEBSTER, Associated Press Writer Wed Mar 14, 5:41 PM ET

CONCORD, N.H. - The family of Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, said his death was a suicide.

"He was a man who gave all he had to give to everyone around him, whether family, friends, fans or strangers," the family said in a statement relayed by police Wednesday. "He gave as long as he could, as best he could, and he was very tired. We take comfort in knowing that he is now, at last, at peace."

Delp, 55, died Friday at his Atkinson home.

Toxicology tests by the state medical examiner's office showed that Delp committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning, said Lt. William Baldwin. Police said Delp had sealed himself inside a bathroom with two charcoal grills sometime between 11:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday afternoon, when he was found by fiancee Pamela Sullivan.

Delp also left two notes taped to a door and letters to his family and Sullivan. Baldwin said police do not know the contents of the letters.

The family's statement said Sullivan, Delp's children and their mother, Delp's ex-wife Micki Delp, were grateful for the sympathy they had received.

Delp joined Boston in the mid-1970s and sang two of its biggest hits, "More than a Feeling" and "Long Time."

He had planned to marry Sullivan this summer during a break in a tour with Boston. A lifelong Beatles fan, Delp also played with the tribute band Beatle Juice.

Beatle Juice performed a benefit last year to help build a new public library in Atkinson, a small town of about 6,000 residents on the Massachusetts border.

The family said last week it planned a private funeral followed by a public memorial to be scheduled later.

LINK
Old 03-17-07, 04:18 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Fame and fortune mean nothing. The greatest currency in life is happiness. Period.