SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-07, 04:22 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

S.A.'s American Idol smeifinalist endures deepest dig

S.A.'s Haley endures deepest dig
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblog...more_digs.html

How much torture can one woman take? Tonight may have been the most painful night yet for San Antonio's "American Idol" semifinalist Haley Scarnato.

Yet, she still managed to keep her cool. Judge Simon Cowell called her rendition of the Faith Hill song, "If My Heart Had Wings" horrible, and then applied the deepest cut. "I don't know your name," he said, indicating she was totally forgettable.

Randy Jackson was almost as negative. However, at least he used a little humor to describe her performance's lack of pizazz. "There was no 'Yo' in it," he said.

Instead of becoming tearful as she did last week, Scarnato, dressed in a graceful red top, indicated crisply that she's used to the bad comments. She said she does her best to "clock in, do my job and clock out."

It's not up to the judges, however, whether Scarnato is sent packing Thursday or becomes one of "Idol's" exclusive Top 12. Her fate, and that of the other 15 semifinalists, will be determined by America's votes.
Old 03-08-07, 09:52 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I don't know why people in this stage of the competition, don't just sing songs that they know they can't knock out of the park. The song choice is entirely in their hands...no genre limitations, no specifc-artist limitations, no decade limitations...they can just sing whatever the hell they want, and some of them pick the stupidest songs.

Haley has done just that. She's a good singer, but unfortunately there are about 4-6 girls that are just better singers than she is.

Cute though....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!