News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-07, 01:39 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

I get to interview with GOOGLE!!!

Thursday!!! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time.

2 position(HR and also Sales/Advertising).

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-22-07, 10:36 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

Good luck Grego... let us know what happens...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-23-07, 03:40 AM

I have been, but I'm also a college student who is going to graduate and looking at possible careers.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 02-23-07, 07:21 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Google only interviews smart people with kick ass GPA's. What are doing hanging out with all of us in SR?

Old 02-23-07, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNative View Post
Google only interviews smart people with kick ass GPA's. What are doing hanging out with all of us in SR?

Well, first of all, I do have a high GPA.
Second of all, even though I have a ton of posts, if you look at my recent posts, there aren't many. So maybe you can find the correlation.

Old 02-26-07, 11:44 PM

psshh
well i work at heb. <3
Old 02-27-07, 10:19 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Gooooooooo GREGOOOO!

Banana Power!

$
Old 03-01-07, 02:38 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Hey Grego:

I know has just finished a co - op work term with Google. Do you know that they get to have free food all day long? And every month they could invite two friends to come and eat at their cafe.

According to my friend, it isn't your usual "sloppy joes and fries" meal, everything is in appetizer portion, but very funky menu. I remember her telling me about a soup that was served, cold pineapple cream with rose petals extract.

She said if Google ever launched a restaurant, she'd definitely go back.

Good luck.
Old 03-01-07, 11:54 PM

Sadly, Greg did not succeed.
In a few years, he'll try again when he has an even more diverse resume.

My original goal when applying was to see if I could get an interview, and I did. So I feel happy about that.

Thanks for the support everyone.

I am close being done with one company and possibly having a job within the next few weeks.

Old 03-02-07, 12:00 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

It's ok Grego... something bigger and better will come your way...

Old 03-02-07, 01:23 AM

I have nothing against Google. I didn't feel the greatest coming out of the interviews. I know I made some mistakes.

I'll likely try again in a few years if I feel I want to test the waters with new companies.

Thanks for the support though, everyone.

Last edited by Grego; 03-02-07 at 01:28 AM.
Old 03-02-07, 02:33 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grego View Post
I have nothing against Google. I didn't feel the greatest coming out of the interviews. I know I made some mistakes.

I'll likely try again in a few years if I feel I want to test the waters with new companies.

Sorry, it doesn't work.
You keep trying, Grego. Perhaps this one didn't pan out, but the value of the experience is huge.
Badgerland's #1 Spurs fan.

Still crazy after all these years.
Old 03-02-07, 08:08 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grego View Post

Don't feel too bad, Grego. I hear this internet/Google thing is just a passing fad. You want to invest your future in something a little more substantial than that.