SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-07, 10:27 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Congrats!!!!
Old 04-10-07, 11:04 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Amen, this past year of pain and sorrow shall pass to laughter and joy!

Last edited by necron 99; 04-10-07 at 11:07 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-10-07, 12:05 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Yessssss. Congrats TJ !!!!
Old 04-10-07, 03:44 PM
BBQ, Beer, & Babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAScrub View Post
I was reminded of that passage when I read your latest update. I know nothing of your ex and what kind of mother she is, but the fact that she would want your daughter on the stand in a court of law speaks volumes about the type of mother she is.

Good for you, and from the type of parent I know you are (based on your posts here), good for your daughter.
Thank you so very much for the passage. My Lord and Saviour has been the only source of strength through this time. Well, that, and maybe this country song:

When you're going through Hell,
Keep on moving.
Don't slow down.
If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out
Before the devil even knows you're there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjv View Post
man TJ, i can not tell you how much this tugged at my heart. i have read your posts over the years and have known you to be fun-spirited, intellectual, patriotic, intelligent and a rowdy spurs fan but the one thing that is the MOST apparent about you is that you are an extremely dedicated father with a profound love for your daughter. i hoped this was as apparent to any court as it is to all of us here on spurs report. regardless of whatever may happen, no court can ever render moot her love for her daddy nor yours for your girl.
My friend, the next time I'm in San Antonio, the beer is on me. Thank you again for your support, and kind words. I actually cried when I first read them, as they summed up my hopes and dreams....
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchiv View Post
Congratulations. Before I ever graduated from law school I sat in divorce court and saw 3 cases and knew I could never do it...you have to have balls of steal to go through what you went through so I commend you and again congratulate you. May you have joy and success in the continued raising of your daughter.
Thank you. I have not interacted with you on this board as much as I have some others, but your words mean much to me. As far as "ballls of steel" go, it's more of a deal where "it is what it is", and you've just got to deal with it. It ain't fun, but you know, "it is what it is".....
Quote:
Originally Posted by To be named later View Post
Glad to hear the good news!
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPandaMama View Post
What a relief! I really am so happy for you.
It is a shame when parents use children as tools for manipulation and spite. It happens every day and yours is not an odd situation. It is few and far between when couples split and there is NO foul words, animosity, or anger bubbling between the old couple. I am glad that your ex dropped the case. I was surprised she would waste time and money like that, but good for you.
Yeah, I was suprised, too, but you know what? She's crazy. It happens. Thank you for your heartfelt words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnwhuxley View Post

Congrats!!!!
Dude, you, rjv, and anybody else that wants to join us will drink until we drop the next time I'm in SA. Oh, wait. You're in Singapore. Well, let me know the next time you're in South Texas, and we'll get our drink on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate From Ohio View Post
Congrats TJ. I know that was a pretty stressfull time of your life so I hope you get to enjoy the time you get raising your daughter. I wish both of you the best.
Thank you, Nate. It has been stressful. The most stressfull time of my life. I can't wait to put this episode behind me, and get on with living life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by necron 99 View Post
Amen, this past year of pain and sorrow shall pass to laughter and joy!
What a wonderful thought. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
great news.......I hate to hear when kids have to go through adult stuff like that....

that was smooth maneuvering on your part as well.....I'll be raising a tall frosty beverage for you and for that bit of good news
Well, I'm not too far from your ol' stomping grounds. Next time you're around these parts, give me a holler, and the alkyhol is on me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matias View Post
Yessssss. Congrats TJ !!!!
Thank you, Matias. I'm sooooooo glad it's over.....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-10-07, 04:25 PM
BBQ, Beer, & Babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnington View Post
When I saw the thread again, at first I felt distress, but now, after reading your update, I feel happy for you, brother.

I really hope this is the end of this.

I wish you and your daughter peace and happiness.

Congrats.
Thank you, my brother. Life is not always easy, nor is it what we always want it to be. It is, however, what it is. I have been eternally blessed, not only by having my daughter for so many years, but by having the friends I do. Thank you so very much for your kind words.

War, and operations other than war where people die, pale in comparison to this, for me.

Tell $$ that the next round(s) of beer for you, Matias, Athena, and he, are on me. Oh, yeah, and the cute little girlfriend of hers, too
Old 04-10-07, 04:46 PM
BBQ, Beer, & Babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnington View Post
I agree with you, war is nothing compared with what could happens to your family

About the Beer round, I am sorry but $ is back in Texas,

I will drink on in your honor tonight, anyway.

Well, a little less than that
And I, sir, will toast you tonight as well. It's $$'s loss Oh, and tell that cute little friend of Athena's that if she's ever in Texas, look me up