News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-12, 05:44 PM
SR Team Goof

California woman blames McDonald's for forcing her into prostitution

A California woman has reportedly filed a federal lawsuit against McDonald's, claiming the fast-food franchise had a role in her becoming a prostitute two decades ago.

Shelley Lynn claims in the suit that she was "economically and psychologically" coerced into prostitution by her ex-husband and former manager at a McDonald's in Arroyo Grande, Calif., the Courthouse News Service reported this week.

Lynn, who was hired by the restaurant to work behind the counter in 1982, claims in the complaint that her former boss and ex-husband, Keith Handley, pushed her into prostitution in Nevada and also "engaged in pimping operations out of the McDonald's franchises he owned."

The lawsuit places blame on the restaurant giant, claiming it "does not insure employee policies are in place to protect against unscrupulous and criminal individuals like Handley.

"It has an active, notorious, and hostile campaign to keep unions out," the complaint reportedly states. "It offers an inferior health care plan and no pension benefits. Most employees are paid minimum wages as was Lynn. There is no affirmative action to encourage women employees and other women to purchase franchises."

Lynn is suing Handley, who still runs the franchise, as well as his company Ivernia and McDonald's USA.

California Woman Blames McDonald's For Forcing Her Into Prostitution | Fox News
Old 03-30-12, 05:46 PM
SR Team Goof

And here I thought the reason might have been the 'secret' sauce on the Big Mac's. Glad it wasn't the hot coffee. Silly me.
Old 03-30-12, 07:58 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
And here I thought the reason might have been the 'secret' sauce on the Big Mac's. Glad it wasn't the hot coffee. Silly me.
:shocked that's some crazy stuff!!!!!

I'm sure Ronald is rolling around in his grave.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!