News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-11, 11:58 PM
SR Team Goof

Did Whoopi Goldberg Fart On 'The View'

Did Whoopi Goldberg Fart On 'The View' During Claire Danes Interview?

After being nominated for a Golden Globe on Thursday, "Homeland" star Claire Danes appeared on "The View" (weekdays, syndicated on ABC) to talk about the new show and her triumphant return to TV. But the interview was sidetracked when co-host Whoopi Goldberg seemed to fart loudly in the middle of their conversation.

As Danes was talking about the issues of post-9/11 American identity that "Homeland" explores, Goldberg shifted in her seat and it sounded like she passed gas. Joy Behar recoiled in horror, but Goldberg simply put her hand on her stomach and excused herself. "Excuse me, I just let a frog out of there," she joked. "It's okay," Danes assured her, extending her hand in support. Like a pro, Goldberg quickly moved on to her next question.

When contacted for a comment by HuffPost TV, an ABC spokesperson insisted Goldberg didn't do the crime. "It was clearly a joke and all in good fun. Secretly we hoped it would get posted on YouToot."

This wouldn't have been the first time Goldberg let one rip on the show. In a May segment with Dr. Oz focused on flatulence, she proudly admitted to frequently farting on the set.

Did Whoopi Goldberg Fart On 'The View' During Claire Danes Interview? (VIDEO)