News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > The Cantina

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-11, 12:34 PM
SR Team Goof

Boy, 9, Suspended from School for Sexual Harassment After Calling Teacher 'Cute'

A 9-year-old boy North Carolina boy was suspended for calling a teacher “cute,” WSOCTV.com reports.

The boy’s mother, Chiquita Lockett, said the principal of Brookside Elementary in Gastonia called her after the incident to say the comment was a form of “sexual harassment.”

"It's not like he went up to the woman and tried to grab her or touch her in a sexual way,"

Lockett said. "So why would he be suspended for two days?”

According to the station, a district spokeswoman said she could not go into detail, but said the boy was suspended for "inappropriate behavior" after making "inappropriate statements."

The district's Code of Conduct doesn't list "inappropriate behavior," but says "disruption of school" is punishable by five days of out-of-school suspension.

The news of the North Carolina boy’s suspension comes as a Massachusetts elementary school is investigating a first-grader for sexual harassment after the boy struck another boy his age in the groin.

The mother of the accused 7-year-old tells the Boston Globe that her son was fending off another child, who had choked him in an altercation on the school bus on Nov. 22.

“I think my kid was right to fight back,’’ said the mother, Tasha Lynch, 30. “He wasn’t doing anything except protecting himself.’’

Lynch says her son has been afraid to return to Tynan Elementary School in South Boson since the fight, according to the paper.

Matthew Wilder, spokesman for the Boston public schools, declined to comment on the incident or why it has been classified as a possible case of sexual harassment. He said officials do not discuss confidential student information.

alh1020: Jez, where's this world going to? If this attitude were existent in my day, I'd have a 'rap' sheet a mile long because most of my teachers were gorgeous and I told them so. I even kissed a few on the cheek after I graduated to the next grade -- I hadn't learned 'french' yet!

Boy, 9, Suspended From School For Sexual Harassment After Calling Teacher 'Cute' | Fox News
Old 12-06-11, 09:46 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

GO SPURS GO
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-08-11, 06:23 AM
SR Team Goof

North Carolina Principal Forced to Retire After Suspending Nine-Year-Old for Calling Teacher 'Cute'

GASTONIA, N.C. – The North Carolina school principal who suspended a nine-year-old boy for saying a female teacher was "cute" has been forced to retire over the decision.

Emanyea Lockett was given a three-day suspension from Gaston's Brookside Elementary School after he told another student his teacher was "cute" and a substitute teacher overheard the comment, the Gaston Gazette reported.

School officials investigated the incident and found that Emanyea had done nothing wrong. The school board then gave principal Jerry Bostic one hour to stand down or face termination.

Bostic spoke out after his 44-year career came to an abrupt end Tuesday, saying, "I didn't show a history of making problems like that. I've had the best of evaluations my entire career and because of some syndicated columnist in New York or California, I don't have a job."

Of school superintendent Reeves McGlohon -- who gave him the quit-or-be-fired ultimatum -- Bostic said, "He told me he had made the decision he was going to terminate me or drop me into an assistant principal position.

"I admit I made some errors in what I did, but to fire me or to demote me with 44 years in it, it just doesn't make sense. To me he was a very heartless man, and he did it because of politics."

Emanyea's mother, Chiquita Lockett, said, "This is something that everyone needed to see, just to see what's happening within our school systems."

She was likely to pursue legal action, WSOC-TV reported.

North Carolina Principal Forced To Retire After Suspending Nine-Year-Old For Calling Teacher 'Cute' | Fox News
Old 12-08-11, 02:10 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

What a bunch of idiots...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!