SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   The Cantina (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/cantina/)
-   -   Charlie Sheen announces he is taking his act on tour (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/cantina/108520-charlie-sheen-announces-he-taking-his-act-tour.html)

alh1020 03-11-11 11:38 PM

Charlie Sheen announces he is taking his act on tour
 
LOS ANGELES -- Troubled actor Charlie Sheen announced Friday that he is launching a US tour, promising to give fans the "real story" behind his recent firing from "Two and a Half Men."

"Charlie Sheen LIVE: My Violent Torpedo of Truth" will premiere in April with the first two shows scheduled in the Midwest. Only two dates -- in Detroit and Chicago -- have been announced so far.

"My Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat is Not An Option Show is coming for you," the 45-year-old actor wrote on the Ticketmaster website, describing the show.

"Will there be surprises? Will there be guests? Will there be mayhem? Will you ask questions? Will you laugh? Will you scream? Will you know the truth? WILL THERE BE MORE?!?!" the show's description continued.

"This IS where you will hear the REAL story from the Warlock. Bring it. I dare you to keep up with me," the former "Two and a Half Men" star added.

Tickets for the supposedly one-man show go on sale Saturday.

On Thursday, Sheen described his bizarre antics during his media appearances as "performance art" in an interview with an Australian radio network, Nova.

"You just prepare for it because you know its coming because they're [media] transparent and predictable. It's a skill set you don't worry about encountering. You can dismiss it with the illusion that there's some measure of compassion behind the answer," Sheen said.

"It's a fake engage. It's a fen-gage," he added.

Earlier this week, the actor was fired from his hit CBS show due to his alleged incendiary remarks about the show's cast and executives and outlandish media appearances in the past few days.

The actor in turn filed a $100 million lawsuit against the show's production company and creator, Chuck Lorre.

Lorre called the lawsuit "recklessly false" and "fantasy" but added that he is very concerned about Sheen's health, in a statement released from his lawyer.



alh1020 03-18-11 10:39 AM

Charlie Sheen to earn $7M from monthlong tour

LOS ANGELES -- Charlie Sheen will make $7 million in one month from his "Charlie Sheen LIVE: My Violent Torpedo of Truth" tour, according to a new report.

The former "Two and a Half Men" star is set to perform on 21 dates and will receive 85 percent of the profits -- making his cut around $250,000 to $275,000 for each 75-minute show, sources told the website. Tour promoter Live Nation will get the remaining 15 percent, TMZ.com reported.

The tour requires minimum overhead, and there are no advertising costs, thanks to Sheen's publicity tweets. His first two dates sold out in just 18 minutes after mentioning the project on Twitter.

Sheen's two dates at Radio City Music Hall -- April 8 and 10 -- are nearly sold out. In most cases only single seats remain.

The troubled actor will also reportedly rake in cash from afterparty appearances and merchandising, with 200,000 pieces of merchandise already shipped out for the shows.

While the 45-year-old actor continues to rake in the cash, his porn actress pal Kacey Jordan told the website that she did not try to kill herself earlier this week, saying that her reported suicide attempt was the result of some "bad decisions" while under the influence.

"I was not trying to kill myself," she said. "I was held at Northwestern University's psych ward for 48 hours and was evaluated by many mental health experts, who all agreed that I was pretty with it -- and not psychotic. But they did tell me they felt I made bad decisions under the influence of drugs and alcohol."

Chicago Police Department officers broke into the 22 year old's hotel room Monday after she tweeted that she took "a bunch of pills" with a bottle of Jack Daniels.

alh1020: I believe there's an adage "a fool and his money are soon parted' -- in this case the fools being those who would sponsor and pay to see this clown. He'll probably be drunk or drugged up or both on each of his appearances, if he makes it past the first one. I had always liked his TV show but he's pushed the envelope too far to appreciate him anymore. Sad, he was good at comedy, now, he's the joke.

Charlie Sheen to earn $7 million from monthlong tour - NYPOST.com

Dulce 03-18-11 10:59 AM

How much do you want to bet he doesn't go through with these "concerts" :lol

shelshor 03-18-11 11:06 AM

Mark Cuban really needs to hire Sheen

Mombear 03-18-11 05:47 PM

:lol what a maroon.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0