View Single Post
Old 06-20-06, 03:54 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadzilla99
First off, we just disagree no need to make this personal. I personally would listen to a 4th string pg who played 2 games in the NBA over a sportswriter or reporter, who has no qualifications or expertise whatsoever. You came at me with Personal attacks? You have a wrong opinion? That wasn't very convincing. You ignored the fact that they are just fans w/opinions who get to voice their opinions a little louder than other fans. They love to sh1t on athletes-just watch Around the Horn, First & Ten, or the Sports Reporters (guys on PTI are decent not so negative and hyper critical). If a guy like Charles Barkley rags on an athlete I listen when some twerp who would get knocked over by a stiff breeze starts calling people out that's just funny, sad, and pathetic. We'll have to agree to disagree.
No, you, let's get one thing striaght:
To comdemn a segment of people is IGNORANT.
Sportswriters, Mavs fans, whatever. When you come out with an irresponsible take like, "sports writers are morons", that's so irresposible, it boggles my mind. You insult my profession. What if you were able to make it as a sports writer? Would you be a moron?

Sports writers have plenty of qualifications. You think we just walk into newspapers and say, "I wanna be a spotrs writer" and we get hired?
Sports writers are very smart people. You have to be. You have to balance a very delicate relationship. For most of the season, Mark Cuban is really chummy with the writers here in town. right now, it's not so chummy. A sports writer needs to be able to distinguish that relationship. One as a friend and one as an eye of society.
Sports writers need plenty of qualifications to cover high schools, much less a pro sport. And they don't stay there without being able to do a great job.
I know many of the people you read in the Dallas area, and they're all brilliant people.
They don't love to sh!t on athletes, but they need to have an opinion. and those opinions are sometimes not flattering. But it's OK when those opinions are directed at team we don't like, like the Mavs.
Like I said, when you condemn a certain segment of society, it's about as ignorant as you can be. And that's a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Soulja
but....... the reporter did NOT ask a question that was on my mind....and if it was on everybodys mind...everybody must be kind of dumb.....if you dont know already that Avery didnt AGREE with the call you are stupid....just plain stupid....he was trying to bait Avery into complaining about the officiationing plain and simple(as if Avery needs help in that dept).....so Avery flipped it on him.....with "what was YOUR impression of that Wade drive to the basket"......reporters are always asking something stupid like "You just lost the World Championship....how do you feel right now?" Is Avery losing it and becoming unraveled and unprofessional...yes....LOL....but at the sametime....thats what the reporter deserves IMO....he thought he was so smart that he could ask the question in a way to make it look innocent...like thats NOT what he is trying to do...start trouble by getting Avery to go off on the officials....but that is EXACTLY what he is doing...like a wolf in sheeps clothes so to speak....and Avery wasnt having it....LOL
Jeez, c'mon. That's just.....
What do reporters want? What people want. Reaction.
Is that so hard?
If the Mavs melted down and lost a game in a series it looked like they had control of, then we want to know how AJ reacts to it. That's why the questions are asked. We know how they feel. We just need them to express it. Put it in perspective. Maybe AJ is looking for the silver lining. Or maybe he's p!ssed as can be.
We don't know. That's why the questions are asked. And why you all will always listen and read.