View Single Post
Old 05-25-06, 02:28 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzG
I dont think he was treated unfairly. He lost his job in camp..after not playing well....got it back because Rasho wasnt doing very well...and then struggled again worse than Rasho

it was a battle between Rasho and Nazr for who sucked least and its been the same way in this forum going back to last season. the debates have been endless and other than Coyotefan I dont think anyone thought either Center was very good

I dont believe the Pop didnt play Nazr against the Mavs because of some personal vendetta. He didnt play Rasho either. He didnt think they matched up..period. Spurs fans can debate that all summer but he was very clear why he did what he did. Some just dont agree with it being the best course

He thought Smallball was the answer. You can hate Pop all you want but I find the notion insane that he would somehow sacrifice a title because of something against Nazr. He thought small ball gave SA the best chance to advance. Fans can agree or disagree but Spare me the "Nazr was treated unfairly" stuff.

The Facts are the majority of Spurs fans would like to see Nazr AND Rasho gone if you go by this and other Spurs forums..so this whole "Did Nazr get treated bad" topic this has turned into seems pretty pointless
Unfortunately Horry seemed to suck worse than either of them in the Dallas series (what limited minutes even he played).

I agree that, if the Centers had played inspired ball this season Pop would probably not have clung so rigidly to the small-ball concept. It is unfortunate IMO as I think they still could have helped us win the series, but they did make their own bed to lay in.