View Single Post
Old 05-25-06, 01:13 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson50
It's your most common response nowadays. You can't admit that there's unfair treatment for Nazr even though it's obvious. You never even want to talk about why Nazr got back the starting job. You never want to talk about why Nazr played well and aggressive during 1st game against the Kings and suddenly he's not getting any minutes. You can't. You can only say that 'well overall he doesn't have a good year'. That's it. You can't talk about the specifics.

Going to Horry First is one thing. Going to Horry after he's been playing crap for more than a few games is a completely different thing. In fact you just admit that there's a difference between the treatment between Nazr and Horry. I'm sorry but that's just not right. Horry got game after game after game, Nazr got DNP after DNP after DNP. And Rasho too. How can you explain why Rasho getting DNP after DNP after DNP? You can't. You can only focus on Nazr because it's easier, but you can't talk about Rasho. It's too hard to show you've a valid point when you talk about both. Rasho was in Pop's doghouse too. Or you want to say that 'Rasho has not been playing well all year' too?
For the Spurs-Dallas series, I think it has more to do with Pop wanting to really play small-ball than putting Nazr in the doghouse. I think Pop feels that the best way to beat the mavs is to play small-ball than the traditional twin towers line up. He's almost right too cuz the spurs were just a few bounces from advancing to the west finals.