Thread: I blame pop
View Single Post
Old 05-23-06, 06:15 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I think back to that game against Phoenix ealier this season when Nazr had 30 points or more importantly the game against Philadelphia when he pulled down 20 boards,nine of which were offensive.

I'm sorry,but matchup problems or not you simply do not ignore a player capable of putting up numbers like that for SEVEN STRAIGHT GAMES.

Hell even Rasho has a nice jumper he usually hits when he is open.He shot over 51% from the field this season.

The Spurs had enough problems dealing with the talented Mavericks and the spotty officials,Pop shortening the rotation the way he did cut the Spurs off at the knees.

They were weary legs to begin with and Pop kicked them out from under us.

Yes,Tim missed a shot that would have won game 4.Yes,Manu could have won it for us tonight in regulation.None of this changes the fact that Popovich ran the shortened rotation ragged trying to keep up with the Mavs.Hell,I'm not even sure if he would have played the bigs against the run and gun Suns.Would we have even had anything left for the Finals after another marathon series like this?

Three titles or no,this painful conclusion to a promising season is on Pop.Period.