Thread: I blame pop
View Single Post
Old 05-22-06, 11:01 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurfan 5021
Problem is our bigs can't play for S**T against this Dallas team. They are too athletic of a team that they only rely on their bigs for rebounds. We needed to cover their shooters, as they could afford to have shooters at every position. and even if it was dampier or diop, they don't have to shoot they just need to be smart enough to get it to terry, howard or dirk.

Admit it, even though he went small, it almost gave us the series. I think the thing that killed us was mental mistakes. Think about it, an inbounds pass missed, fouls that did not need to be taken, wide-open misses, not taking the ball inside and instead trying to finesse the ball into the hoop. I know we want to blame the refs, but bottom line is we were right there and just missed it.

Let us not revert to the foolishness of 2001 and 2002. we won 3 championships in 7 years, lets act like it.
Exactly and what gave us those championships???? Small lineups?? ....we used to crush teams that used small lineups like the Suns and now all of a sudden one series and we change all that...piss poor