View Single Post
Old 06-09-18, 02:48 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
....... How does Golden State afford all those dudes? But I think it's about time to get with the program when it comes to building a strong team. Spurs will fall behind if they stand pat while the West continues to bolster line ups.
I would say the other teams are paying larger luxury taxes or some kind of penalty taxes or they're doing some very creative bookkeeping. But the Spurs have been notorious in years past doing their best to avoid the taxes. Then you have to consider that the Spurs are under new leadership in Juliana Holt, if I'm correct. It was my understanding that she and Peter Holt had gotten a divorce and she retained chair rights to the Spurs. With new leadership in place, do the Spurs put that kind of money on the table and make sacrifices for the betterment of the team? Or do they decide to shake and roll the dice and avoid craps?