View Single Post
Old 06-07-17, 05:35 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by polk View Post
Thanks for the correction on the WCF vs. semi-finals. Since Horry wasn't specific we are all guessing at what he's talking about but I don't quite buy the explanation of the ankle injury. Horry says, "If Manu did what he was supposed to do..." That implies a missed assignment or doing something that he was told not to do. I was wrong on the finals vs. semi-finals. I'll give you that. I do, however, recall it being said that Pop specifically said "Do not foul!" during the timeout prior to that play. But again, maybe I'm wrong on that too.
Why would he bring up 2006 to Paul Pierce? Pierce said Horry was lucky and would only have 5 rings if Jordan didn't retire. That's when Horry told Pierce that he was lucky that he got his one ring and brought up Ginobili.

This is from an article on it and it quotes the conversation.

Horry: “Let me just say this: You got yours because, if Manu Ginobili would have did the things he was supposed to do, I would have had like 10 championships.”

Yes, that’s another completely unprompted swipe at a Spurs legend from Horry. Ginobili drew the assignment of guarding Kobe Bryant (another former Horry teammate) in 2008, when Bryant went off on the Spurs and led the Los Angeles Lakers to a 4-1 Western Conference finals victory before they lost to Pierce’s Boston Celtics.

Robert Horry called out Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili for no reason on ESPN | For The Win