View Single Post
Old 06-06-17, 04:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezsr View Post
It was not the WCF. It was the Semi-Finals. Dallas beat Phoenix in the WCF that year. Also, I think Horry was really talking about the 2008 playoffs when Manu hurt his ankle in the playoffs. They lost to the Lakers in the playoffs and the Lakers went on to play the Celtics in the Finals which was the year that Paul Pierce won his title. Horry was basically saying that if manu was healthy the Spurs would have played the Celtics in the Finals and would have beat the Celtics.
Thanks for the correction on the WCF vs. semi-finals. Since Horry wasn't specific we are all guessing at what he's talking about but I don't quite buy the explanation of the ankle injury. Horry says, "If Manu did what he was supposed to do..." That implies a missed assignment or doing something that he was told not to do. I was wrong on the finals vs. semi-finals. I'll give you that. I do, however, recall it being said that Pop specifically said "Do not foul!" during the timeout prior to that play. But again, maybe I'm wrong on that too.