View Single Post
Old 05-10-14, 03:11 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Gasol wants to play for a contender-- considers Spurs a good option

Lakers center Pau Gasol says he will give priority to title contenders as the countdown to his free agency continues.

“I’m not ruling anything out,” said Gasol, speaking in Spanish during a video interview with Spanish sports website marca.com. “Of course, I hope the Lakers will make an offer - one that is good enough for me to consider - but I’m open to any offers that I would consider interesting and motivating for my present and my future.”

In response to a reader’s question, Gasol, who will become a free agent on July 1, said Memphis may be a good landing spot. “The city of Memphis attracts me because it’s a city I know, there’s an opportunity of playing with my brother and they have a solid team,” Gasol said.

He also gave a nod to Western Conference rivals the San Antonio Spurs. “The Spurs players maybe don’t rack up statistics, but the team and the coach they have, to me, seems like a very good option,” he said. “In the end, I’m more interested in a team than an individual player and how I would adjust and be worked into a system.”

Pau Gasol will give priority to title contenders when he chooses team*-*Los Angeles Times