View Single Post
Old 04-20-14, 04:17 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
If it's a grinder game, Spurs are gonna take it. Amazing stand during the last eight minutes. Dallas had a great game plan (especially on D). They just ran outta gas.

I expect TD and Tony to play big, but I love that Splitter played tough at the rim on both sides of the court. Now he's gotta start slamming down those putbacks.

Manu played well, but the late turnovers are concerning me. Too reminiscent of last year's Miami series.

Gotta call out Marco and Danny as non-factors. They can't just disappear like that. It's been a while since either has been effective.

Loved that Patty worked this hard to get ready for the season. Now he's gotta start working on driving to the hoop and dishing. Take some lessons from TP, young man.

Boris has to understand that no one will ever bite on that ball fake at the arc unless he shoots the 3 at least occasionally.
I didn't understand the game plan. Every time Parker had the option of passing to an open man on the perimeter or passing it inside, he passed it inside. That was making it a grind out game instead of opening up their defense with outside shooting which is probably why the best Spurs shooters never got in rhythm. They were playing to Dallas instead of making Dallas play to them. Congrats on the win Spurs but please change the game plan or you will be exhausted by Round 2. Play them the way you played them during the regular season.