View Single Post
Old 04-18-14, 02:24 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
8.5 million a year for him is not too much. 14 million, yes that's a little overpaid. But I agree with TimmyD, he's better right now than Splitter is right now.
I agree...8 mill is a good deal for Gasol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Between 7-9 million is what he's worth on the market. But someone else will offer him 12-15, but he'll be on a non-contending team. I'd take Greg Monroe for 10-12 million in a heartbeat.
I would take Monroe as well, but just don't see Monroe taking less to go to Spurs at the height of his career. Watch Monroe get monster money and either stay in Detroit or get traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
I guess your right. 8.5 for a couple years isn't too bad.
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
But... But... But Gasol has vertigo!

Pass.

I'd take his brother instead.
Point is.. his bro isn't available... but who wouldn't at this juncture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Sam Amick: Lakers forward Pau Gasol on his free agency future, says he'll pursue "best opportunity to hopefully go after a championship." Twitter @sam_amick
Knicks definitely wouldn't be it. Even Melo doesn't believe that and looks to be on the way out. Whose left if Gasol joins up? Same old broken up overpaid Knicks players that won't win a thing even in the East.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I don't know about that. If he says he wants another championship, the Knocks are pretty far from that. Just because Phil's face is on the box, doesn't mean it's going to work.
Exactly