View Single Post
Old 04-10-14, 07:43 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasamohT View Post
Theres a reason the Spurs got rid of Rasho when they did. When Rasho first joined the Spurs, he posted a defensive win share (DWS) of 5.6 which is pretty damn good (better than Tiago has ever done). Unfortunately the league changed and over the next 2 years his DWS slipped to 3.8 and 2.9. Once he was gone it got even worse for the slow footed big man. In his 4 years after the Spurs he went to a 2.2, 1.6, 1.1 and then a 0.2. Considering that his offensive win share (OWS) was never higher than a 2.3, that meant he wasn't contributing much to the team. His overall winshare as a Spur was 7.2, 4.2 and 3.7. This gives him an average of 5.03 win share.

Tiago on the other hand improved his DWS and OWS over his first 3 years with the Spurs. He's had a rough year with injuries as has the team as a whole and thus his numbers are down this year. His DWS over his 4 years are: 1.1, 1.6, 3.5 and 2.0. His OWS over his 4 years are: 1.1, 3.0, 4.7 and 2.2. Tiago's overall winshare numbers are: 2.3, 4.6, 8.2 and 4.2. Excluding his rookie year, Tiago's average for win share is 5.67.

My point in all of this is that the NBA has changed over the years. Tiago may not be the best center in the nba (that would be Anthony Davis) but he was certainly the best we could get this past offseason.

Btw, I'm still waiting on that list of players that were better than Tiago that we could have gotten this past offseason.
Here you go with your formulas again... I could care less what some fformula says about a player.. I've already had this argument with someone that used aformula tthat essentially said Andre Drummond was more effective than Kevin Durant... Rasho was a better defender than Tiago.. Get that garbage out... And I don'tknow who we could hhave gotten because Pop isn't Malkovich and I'm not in his head... But on that list, from gortat to Lopez to asik... Geez probably even dalembert orkaman... Give me aany of them...