View Single Post
Old 04-09-14, 08:00 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
Someone is smoking something.... It clearly isn't me...

If you honestly think we "may" have overpaid splitter... You need to leave because either you are related to him, or you are having relations with him...

If we didn't have splitter... We would have some other big man which probably wouldn't be that much worse than splitter.... I think you need to take your own advice on treatment mang...

Take a look at his rebounding numbers during last year's playoff run and tell me again we didn't massively overpay him.

If anyone wants to send me a list of centers with lower salaries, or even comparable salaries... I will definitely either eat crow or tell you every player who I think is better. I know San an isn'ta huge FA magnet, but the centers we are talking about aren't exactly big time free agents either.. Splitter is a horrible investment and nothing anyone says will change my opinion... (well, it isn't likely anyway)

P. S we aren't winning championships with splitter either... If you can't tell.
The problem here is that YOU can't name 5 better centers who were available last year that also make less money than Splitter. Here's a website to help you along: http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nba/center/limit-50/
The best part about Splitter's contract is that it decreases over time. That means when Tim, Manu, Tony, etc.. come off the books he'll only be making 8.5M.

As for not winning championships, you shouldn't blame Tiago for not winning game 6 last year. Put that all on Turnobili and his AWFUL, AWFUL performance. (Speaking of overpaid players...)