View Single Post
Old 04-06-14, 03:34 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Of those on the 2014-2015 unrestricted link Guapo provided above, these are the players who got my immediate interest because of their availability. Based on how the Spurs playoff finish and their Spurs player resigning efforts, here's my wish list:

Shaun Livingston -- 6’7”, 28, PG: Has regained his potent passing/shooting skills since his knee injury; Manu-like in ways in his offensive form

Spencer Hawes – 7’1”, 25, C: I’ve always liked him; board banger and has gotten better each year while in NBA

Aaron Brooks -- 6’, 29, PG: Mills like in that he’s a pest on defense, in your face type; can provide instant offense off the bench in event Spurs can’t resign/lose Mills

Greg Oden – 7’, 26, C: Spurs were interested in him once, maybe again. Could be used as an intimidator if anything; would be interested to know what Spurs think about him now

Jason Smith -- 7’, 28, C: Another intimidator who can shoot from 15’ but could be prone to injury; he’s a big

Thabo Sefolosha: 6’7”, 29, SG: Good defender, passer and I heard Spurs had him high on their list but he was drafted early

** I believe the Spurs need to extend the contracts of Leonard and Belinelli immediately and resign Patty Mills and Boris Diaw. Diaw is a toss-up, again dependent on the Spurs draft selections and free agent shopping. For some reason, I think the Spurs are going to get a surprise in the draft, either on their pick or trade.

Random points:

I think Oden has proven that he will not regain his form from those three micro facture surgeries. Thabo makes a lot sense on both ends of the court. With Ayres under contract I would not add Smith. I like Brooks on the court but he visits strip clubs too much from what my source says. Hawes would make a lot of sense but I don't think they will have the funds to get him here. Livingston took a while to recover from that horrible knee injury but is looking much more healthy.