View Single Post
Old 03-20-14, 11:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Popovich to be investigated for human trafficking?

Because it is clear that he OWNS Mike D'Antoni

NBA Shootaround: Love Connection « With last night’s 125-109 loss to the San Antonio Spurs in the books, Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni now has a record of 9-26 in the regular season against Gregg Popovich. That record gives D’Antoni a regular-season winning percentage of .257 against Pop. That is not good! His winning percentage in all other regular-season games is .531, which I believe is much better.

Things get even worse for D’Antoni against Pop in the playoffs, where his teams are just 4-16. That record gives D’Antoni a playoff winning percentage of .200 against Pop. That is not good either! His winning percentage in all other playoff games is .564, which I also believe is much better.

That means D’Antoni-coached teams are 13-42 overall against Popovich-coached teams. That record gives D’Antoni an overall winning percentage of .236 against Pop. That is still not good! His winning percentage in all other games is .532, which I believe is still much better.

My trusty calculator tells me that against Pop, D’Antoni is the equivalent of a 19-win coach. Against everyone else, he’s the equivalent of a 43-win coach. I’m not entirely sure what this means, other than that Pop clearly has some sort of Jedi mind trick thing going on D’Antoni, which doesn’t seem fair.