View Single Post
Old 03-07-14, 02:21 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kager View Post
Ohh no let be clear I am not an Ayres fan as such it pains me to watch him on offence sometimes, but his D is better than Blair could ever aspire to and again it is always said you can't teach length. When I think about what Blair did for us it was good for some regular season games and for some early round playoff but then his lack of height was shown up and he was not a viable option even for the bit of offence he could provide.

There is a long way to go before Ayres starts, and will most likely not happen, but he is a cheap forward rotation option that actually can put a legit size body on the Grizz and Clipps and for us is > than what Blair provided.

Side note as well if he is as good as Bonner on D then he is doing well.... Bonner has developed a strong defensive game, even in the post up situations. He did well against the Grizz last playoffs and while Splitter is obviously a better defender he is a good option off the bench.
Still gonna have to disagree with you. Although Aryes actually has size, he doesn't know how to use it. He's like a big piece of wasted space. Perhaps we're watching games from different prespectives...lol. I go to all the games live and the dude is completly garbage (sorry to be mean). Blair at least had a floater and a little bit of an offensive post move/game, Aryes can only dunk and misses those half the time. He makes stupid mistakes on the defensive side of the ball and always misses rotations (weak side and strong side help). Pop has not played him the last 3 games for good reason! Baynes >>>Aryes and Blair >>> Aryes.....just my 2 cents lol. He won't be anything more than 6 fouls against LAC/MEM/OKC type teams and Blair could have gave us 6 fouls with a little offensive game. Just sayin