View Single Post
Old 02-22-14, 08:15 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

There’s a chance former All-Star small forward Danny Granger, a nine-year veteran with an expiring contract who was acquired from the Indiana Pacers, along with a draft pick, for Turner and Allen, may never play for Philadelphia. Only NBA players released before March 1 can appear in the postseason with another team. But a release would cost Granger his Bird rights and the Sixers any sign-and-trade possibilities involving the Pacers’ one-time franchise player this summer.

“Danny, I hold in really high esteem,” Sixers GM Sam Hinkie said. “It’s going to be interesting. I think we’re going to sit and just talk like men, and say, ‘What is it that you want out of the rest of this year?’ If you want to talk about shellshock, he’s been in one place his whole career and has had a heck of a career already and I think has a good bit to go, so we’re going to sit and talk with him about what it is he wants and kind of the role he sees on our team and vice versa, and where that goes I don’t exactly know.”

The Sixers (15-41) have 26 games remaining in the season, the second-worst record in the NBA and have lost 10 consecutive games, nine straight at home and 20 of their last 23.

Granger (6-8, 225) was named an NBA All-Star in 2009, when he averaged a career-high 25.8 points per game, but his play and body have deteriorated considerably since. The 30-year-old played in just five games last season because of patellar tendinosis in his left knee and is averaging just 8.3 points and 3.6 rebounds in 22.5 minutes this season. He has appeared 29 games this season while mostly coming off the bench, and is in the final year of a contract that pays him about $14 million this season.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...nclick_check=1