View Single Post
Old 01-29-14, 12:40 AM
SR Team Goof

Ginobili suffers hamstring injury, out vs Bulls

Spurs guard Manu Ginobili left Tuesday’s game against the Houston Rockets after experiencing tightness in his left hamstring.

The injury happened in the third quarter after a Ginobili dunk. He finished the night with nine points on 2-of-6 shooting, as the Spurs fell to the Rockets, 97-90, at the Toyota Center.

Ginobili had trouble with the same hamstring earlier this month forcing him to miss two games. He’s scheduled to have an MRI Wednesday morning.

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich ruled Ginobili out of Wednesday’s game against the Chicago Bulls saying, “I can’t take that chance.”

Asked if the injuries are frustrating, with Kawhi Leonard (hand) suffering the most recent injury before Ginobili’s, Popovich agreed.

“What can I tell you,” he said. “It is frustrating, but I don’t know what we can do about it. We just got to get our other guys to step up and play; you know, they’re trying. That’s all I can ask of them.”

The Spurs are also missing center Tiago Splitter (shoulder) and guard Danny Green (hand).
Beofore Tuesday’s game, Popovich said the Spurs could have Splitter back “towards the end of this week or the beginning of next week.”

Link: San Antonio Spurs News, Scores, Stats & Analysis – Spurs Nation » Ginobili suffers hamstring injury, out vs Bulls