Thread: Trade ideas...
View Single Post
Old 12-28-13, 02:46 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I do think we need to unload some of our point guards and possibly Matt Bonner, only because someone might take him to cut salary. But that only gets us a small or power forward that might be average. But we need to thin out our roster, because if we win it will not be because we have 4 point guards on our team, in which only two of them will actually get playing time. Corey Joseph just doesn't have the handles to play a fast game and Nando is too slow. I keep Patty and deal the other two.

But we will not make a move and we have no real trade bait to get a star player of any sorts, so that should be the last thing we should ever even think about.

I will say we are a Kawhi/Marco/Danny break out of slump away from the spurs being a great team. Marco is doing fine, but Kawhi and Danny are a complete disappointment. Kawhi is not all-star material from what I've seen, he will be a exceptional player that gets the job done. Danny can't dribble and if his shot isn't falling he becomes useless on the offensive end.